NCAA Championships Day 1 Session 1

Talk about the champions, or the Top 25 nationally-ranked team!
lu_alum

Re: NCAA Championships Day 1 Session 1

Post by lu_alum » Thu Mar 21, 2024 4:10 pm

whiz wit wrote: Thu Mar 21, 2024 3:30 pm Isn't a guy who loses a pigtail finished?
No. Double-elimination.

FloridaGuy

Post by FloridaGuy » Thu Mar 21, 2024 4:15 pm

>>>>>>> Pigtail guys get two matches——-so Logan has another match.

Agree Big Nate looked sluggish———no urgency to escape so why pick bottom?

Agree that Max should have taken neutral in the 3rd——-for a full 2 mins to get the needed td.

Stanich and Beard in control the entire match.

Bad matchup for Crookham, but getting tractor pushed off the mat will get stalling called every time.

No easy matches at the NCAAs, but every guy has a winnable match in the next round.
Spladle1989

Post by Spladle1989 » Thu Mar 21, 2024 4:18 pm

I didn't think Taylor looked sluggish till the 3rd period, I thought he looked too amped up/jittery and wrestled sloppy early on.......lot of movement just for movements sake and got caught for it a few times.....same when he started down in second, instead of doing his usual slow strong base up and get out he was squirming around like a caged beast and got caught in the cradle......

Agree he was never really in danger from cradle but I think it took a lot out of him and built up a lot of riding time for his opponent.....and I think that caused him to look a little sluggish in the third period.......but it's the NCAA's and a win is a win......
whiz wit

Post by whiz wit » Thu Mar 21, 2024 4:22 pm

lu_alum wrote: Thu Mar 21, 2024 4:10 pm
whiz wit wrote: Thu Mar 21, 2024 3:30 pm Isn't a guy who loses a pigtail finished?
No. Double-elimination.
Then why don't I see Logan's name in the consolation bracket on track?

And doesn't it make sense to continue with an even number?
Oracle

Post by Oracle » Thu Mar 21, 2024 4:25 pm

More proof that Max Leete is getting an unfair advantage. Action carries them out of bounds, he runs (full tilt) back to the center. If he's blind, how does he know where to run to in such a tear? He knows, because he can see where the lines are.

To expect elite wrestlers like Vito and Crookham to adjust their championship styles to accommodate a guy who doesn't need an accommodation is insane. Vito did a better job of handing it than Ryan, but he has a lot more experience. Ryan was back pedaling off the whistle when he should have been circling. Or using a stronger collar tie while circling. IMO. But the point is, it's BS. Glad he advanced and will wrestle a guy (Teske) who will wrestle back.

BTW, I have nothing against Mr. Leete personally. He's operating under the rules they set up for him.
The Kid

Post by The Kid » Thu Mar 21, 2024 4:28 pm

Good analysis of Taylor's match, Spladle.

Looking at the next round, Caleb Smith's record is all over the place. He beat top guys and got teched by top guys.

Not sure if I got the better workout or half-nelson, but I could not sit still for a lot of these matches.
Spladle1989

Post by Spladle1989 » Thu Mar 21, 2024 4:39 pm

Oracle agree with all you said above, just surprised that with a full week of knowing he would be Crookham's first opponent that the Lehigh corner didn't have a better plan in place for it.......but a wins a win and he will definitely be more comfortable in next match......
Oracle

Post by Oracle » Thu Mar 21, 2024 4:44 pm

Agree. Strategy was poor. Execution was poor. But he won. Whew!
lu_alum

Post by lu_alum » Thu Mar 21, 2024 4:54 pm

Oracle wrote: Thu Mar 21, 2024 4:25 pm If he's blind, how does he know where to run to in such a tear? He knows, because he can see where the lines are.

BTW, I have nothing against Mr. Leete personally. He's operating under the rules they set up for him.
Your continued ignorance on this subject does not paint you in a positive light. Let me help educate you.

https://theeyeandlasercenter.com/eye-re ... t%20lenses.
People often ask about the distinction between being blind and being “legally blind.” Because “blindness” can mean several different things, legally blind is the threshold at which someone is considered visually impaired for legal purposes such as for insurance purposes, receiving certain benefits, or being accepted into various programs.

Blind people are “legally blind,” but some people who can see with strong prescription eyewear say that they are legally blind without their eyewear. This means that, without eyewear, they would not be able to see well enough to see certain things, drive, and so on. Visual acuity less than 20/200 is considered legally blind, but to actually fit the definition, the person must not be able to attain 20/200 vision even with prescription eyewear. Many people who would be legally blind without eyewear can function well in everyday life with appropriate glasses or contact lenses.

The reason that some people use this term is because there are so many different kinds of “blindness.” People wrongly believe that all blind people just see darkness, or literally nothing at all. In fact, blindness can include seeing some colors or light, or having greater visual acuity in some parts of their field of vision while others are blurry or absent.
jdalu75

Post by jdalu75 » Thu Mar 21, 2024 4:56 pm

whiz wit wrote: Thu Mar 21, 2024 4:22 pm
lu_alum wrote: Thu Mar 21, 2024 4:10 pm
No. Double-elimination.
Then why don't I see Logan's name in the consolation bracket on track?

And doesn't it make sense to continue with an even number?
Look in the Prelims bracket. All the pigtails are shown there.

But there is an error in Track's bracket. The Prelims bracket shows Logan wrestling the loser of Bout 99, Hamilton, in Bout 256. The winner moves into the top of Bout 305, in the Consolation bracket. But if you look at Bout 305, it shows the loser of Bout 99 slotting in there. Against Gunner of AWP. So Track's bracket lost Track of the winner of the pigtail consolation bout.