Vito's miraculous rejuvenation

Talk about the champions, or the Top 25 nationally-ranked team!
HFO

Re: Vito's miraculous rejuvenation

Post by HFO » Sun Mar 24, 2024 6:42 pm

The Kid wrote: Sun Mar 24, 2024 12:00 pm Great point. I think that would be negligence on the part of the doctor if they knew, and if they didn't how was it diagnosed?

By the way, is Stanich definitely vacating 125?
Given what he had to do wrestling every other week to maintain 125. I would say 99% likely he certifies at 133. Then possibly a big decision by Pat to bump up either Crookham or Stanich to 141. I believe Hines at 141 will be in play heavily with either of those two and also Carter Bailey. It might be hard for him to hold the spot.

There will be competition at about 6 weights, so nothing is guaranteed.

Asa Packer

Post by Asa Packer » Mon Mar 25, 2024 12:10 am

Was quite surprised he didn't get hit with penalty point after how aggressively he yelled at refs. However, in post match presser he said he apologized to ref. All in all, great talent, comes off as humble and articulate in interview(s).
After semis: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jOn7QDkxaDg
After finals: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XaLaXb-TE_Y
1/2NELSON

Post by 1/2NELSON » Mon Mar 25, 2024 9:12 pm

A miraculous recovery indeed! I must get his Doctor's phone # for my aching, arthritic ankles! :roll:
LUEngineer

Post by LUEngineer » Mon Mar 25, 2024 10:07 pm

My interpretation was that the concussion occurred in the first match with Ryan & took him out of competition for about a month. The lingering issue was vertebrae pain from that same injury incurred with Ryan.

The vertebrae issue made him tentative in the EIWA such that he did not wrestle his normal style. Ryan himself pointed that out in that he noted how Vito did not use his normal inside high crotch move in EIWA.

So the leg injury from EIWA healed & Vito gained confidence thru workouts that he could rumble again at NCAA & he did so. Paid nice Respect to Both Ryan & Daton.

Glad he & Fix have moved on & back to college age kids again next year vs semi professionals from the COVID era.
gimpeltf

Post by gimpeltf » Mon Mar 25, 2024 10:11 pm

First injury was against Colaiocco