Chris Weiler transfer?

Talk about the champions, or the Top 25 nationally-ranked team!
Richb-3

Re: Chris Weiler transfer?

Post by Richb-3 » Mon Apr 27, 2020 8:37 pm

Weiler was round of 12 as a redhirted frosh.

Maybe would have placed, or at least top 12 had he competed post season last year.
'
Or top 12/place had ncAA occurred this year.

If He wins the title next year, or even if he is top 3 Wisconsin's training program may justly be considered on a par with LU. if is 6-8th year not a strong argument other than that he got as much better in 3 seasons as do most normal wrestlers, It would not be a strong argument, as Meaningless suggests, that he found a much stronger room.
Last edited by Richb-3 on Mon Apr 27, 2020 11:09 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Mountain Hawk

Post by Mountain Hawk » Mon Apr 27, 2020 9:48 pm

Um...what?
whiz wit

Post by whiz wit » Tue Apr 28, 2020 8:53 am

A pretty cheesy analysis, I must say.
gimpeltf

Post by gimpeltf » Tue Apr 28, 2020 9:09 am

whiz wit wrote: Tue Apr 28, 2020 8:53 am A pretty cheesy analysis, I must say.
Whiz Wit would know!
mookie

Post by mookie » Tue Apr 28, 2020 9:41 am

He'll need to cheddar a few pounds to wrestle 184.
whiz wit

Post by whiz wit » Tue Apr 28, 2020 9:47 am

Boy, could we have had fun if it had been Mitch Burger who was transferring to Wisconsin.
drd5748

Post by drd5748 » Wed Apr 29, 2020 9:57 am

Found no evidence that he beat Jacobe Smith. But he did have approx ten W's vs Top 12's, making a mockery of NM as a 'contributor' trying to minimize the kid; never mind that he led CU's top 3 NCAA seed both times near the 6-min mark, weighing low 190's to Damnstadt's low 200's. Beating 7 and 10 at ncaas as unseeded underweight was very cool, unlike CU posters. Had one 8-7 loss to Brucki; another 7-6 to Haught, both NCAA Top 3's ...

The stronger room has been Lehigh's, consistently ahead of Wisc on avg in A/As, ncaa team finishes, recruiting, attendance and dual meet rankings. He wll get a stronger bus school for his mba but I still don't know the exact reasons for his move. He's a big boy capable of making the decision; I'm biased as a close friend of the Weilers but I'm proud of even anonymous LU fans for remembering that "life is what happens sometimes when making other plans" Maybe the virus has helped keep things in perspective. THAT really sucks.
NothingMeaningful

Post by NothingMeaningful » Wed Apr 29, 2020 11:42 am

drd5748 wrote: Wed Apr 29, 2020 9:57 am Found no evidence that he beat Jacobe Smith. But he did have approx ten W's vs Top 12's, making a mockery of NM as a 'contributor' trying to minimize the kid; never mind that he led CU's top 3 NCAA seed both times near the 6-min mark, weighing low 190's to Damnstadt's low 200's. Beating 7 and 10 at ncaas as unseeded underweight was very cool, unlike CU posters. Had one 8-7 loss to Brucki; another 7-6 to Haught, both NCAA Top 3's ...

The stronger room has been Lehigh's, consistently ahead of Wisc on avg in A/As, ncaa team finishes, recruiting, attendance and dual meet rankings. He wll get a stronger bus school for his mba but I still don't know the exact reasons for his move. He's a big boy capable of making the decision; I'm biased as a close friend of the Weilers but I'm proud of even anonymous LU fans for remembering that "life is what happens sometimes when making other plans" Maybe the virus has helped keep things in perspective. THAT really sucks.
You are right: he lost by MD to Smith. This "contributor" was not minimizing Weiler: feel free to indicate how I did that. I was asking why the OP thought he'd be an AA next year in the Wisconsin room, when he had not achieved AA in the Lehigh room. I went back and found that he hasn't beaten any AAs, which I used as a proxy for how well he'd do in the NCAA late rounds when that's the caliber of opponent he would face. You used a different proxy (record against top-12 opponents): good for you for doing that kind of digging. Obviously you think that's a better metric.

As for leading late: what's the point of that?
Oracle

Post by Oracle » Wed Apr 29, 2020 1:47 pm

For heaven's sake if someone posts their opinion and makes a few pointed remarks about another post why feel it's necessary to make corrections? Or re-explain unless it's about changing what was posted. Does anyone honestly think it would change DRD's mind?

There was nothing very 'personal' about Denny's post. BTW, getting criticized is part of the deal.

"Leading late" was part of a larger point DRD was making......but you actually already know that.

Can't wait for next year.
jdalu75

Post by jdalu75 » Wed Apr 29, 2020 1:59 pm

drd5748 wrote: Wed Apr 29, 2020 9:57 am Found no evidence that he beat Jacobe Smith.
My bad. I was thinking of Preisch (and Lou DePrez too) a year ago, who both beat Smith while he was ranked at 184 before he cut late to 174. Although he was seeded 7th at NCAAs, he was not a starter when the NCAA ran the CP and RPI rankings before conference tournaments, so by definition he wasn't a quality opponent for the two EIWA guys (one of the reasons I don't like the QO criterion). I confused Weiler and Preisch.