D1 football in the fall?

Back-to-back PL champs 2016 and 2017.... but need to get back to relevance in the national FCS scene.
RichH

Re: D1 football in the fall?

Post by RichH » Thu Jun 25, 2020 10:41 am

Agree Sunday. Dont think the Northeast will have the same collapse as we've seen in the South and West. The #s of players at FBS schools getting quarantined is daunting but an object lesson we can learn from. Still must keep in mind that college students are all young and the temptation to relax will be there even at Lehigh. :D
Must expect a bunch of players to get the 14 days. Luckily for once we have full roster.

van

Post by van » Thu Jun 25, 2020 11:07 am

full roster if they show up, possible some may sit out this year?
RichH

Post by RichH » Thu Jun 25, 2020 1:24 pm

van wrote: Thu Jun 25, 2020 11:07 am full roster if they show up, possible some may sit out this year?
Perhaps but I dont think many if any at all. Circomstances may change tho for better or worse over the summer. The players from Cal Tx, Fl.Ga and the Carolinas are coming to a much safer State. Just sayin :D
TMH

Post by TMH » Thu Jun 25, 2020 1:46 pm

Sundayamqb wrote: Wed Jun 24, 2020 11:27 pm And given what has happened in states that have opened ... who knows? Plan for the worst, hope for the best.
I couldn't agree more.

The sad truth is that every decision made today is based on modeling. The trajectory of every model changes with each new piece of information. It is almost impossible to say for sure where things will be when Lehigh returns to school in August nor when training camp data arrives, nor when games are actually played. When have no idea what will happen when traditional flu season arrives or colder weather sets in and virus's protective shells harden.

Texas announced today pushing back the next stage of re-opening. Disneyland is pushing back their re-opening. There are major concerns among NBA players on how safe Florida will be. Golfers are dropping out PGA tournaments due to COVID, either ithemselves, caddies, families.

I will continue to keep my hopes up but won't be surprisedif everything changes.
RichH

Post by RichH » Wed Jul 01, 2020 5:03 pm

Ivies are announcing on 7/8. Apparently it is most likely that it will go with a Spring Schedule. PL meeting again today. Doubt any firm decisions have been made but I'm sure ADs need some better guidance to adjust their own schedules.
No one can say what landscape will be in Sept or Oct with any accuracy. I will hope tho.