PRINCETON

Back-to-back PL champs 2016 and 2017.... but need to get back to relevance in the national FCS scene.
datruph

PRINCETON

Post by datruph » Fri Sep 28, 2018 5:29 pm

Hate to be negative but I do think Princeton will beat us. We are looking at 6-5. Colgate will get the ring this year. Our improving defense will not be enough to over-come our poor offensive out-put. Never thought that a Lehigh team would have a better defense than offense. Thats crazy!!!! Whether it is poor o-line play, receivers not getting open, poor offensive play calling or poor throws it is what it is!!!! This forum does not allow datruph... so I will generalize. All of these issues are real on offense so what are we doing about it???? An o-line cannot get better over-night. Receivers cannot get open any quicker. Play calling can get better with a better game plan. Accuracy is something that happens in summer work-outs with timing between qbs and receivers. All of it sounds good but it is all excuses that will not help us win...NOW!!! Unfortunately, I do think it will be pads on the right and helmets on the left after the Lafayette game. I do think the problem lies more in the make up of the PATRIOT league. We are not smart enough to be an Ivy and we are not able to give 85 scholarships, so it places our coaches in a tough recruiting position. We have to get that kid thats a little dumber than Ivy and not athletic enough for a 85 scholarship school. Whomever came up with this plan just did not think it through. Lehigh is a great academic school and just think if they offered 85 scholarships??? The FBS schools get that kid thats just a little better in every position than our kids. There not as smart but in society we measure success in how many wins our football team gets each year. I do think that Lehigh could balance the competition with a great facility. Replay board. In-door complex and a great weight room. Continue to give out great gear that is free advertising for us. Publicize our high profile players and get kids in to the NFL. Our coaches need to step up and get some kids in to the league. Yes, they need to go outside the norm and publicize these kids. We are so close and have a lot to offer but we keep missing a lil to the left. I know Lehigh is not a stepping-stone for the NFL. We hide behind that we are an academic school first...AGREED!!! But why not be both...LSU cannot offer a great education like Lehigh. I do think we can turn a negative in to a positive. I do think the coaches are in a very tough situation when it comes to recruiting but we are so close to having an advantage. A Lehigh degree is worth so much more than Marshall degree but we cannot lure the athletes because of the stupid limitations on scholarships...I do think we need to continue to play FBS schools because as long as we stay healthy our kids get better. I hope readers understand where I am coming from and hope they understand that I am only trying to speak, THE DATRUPH...

RichH

Re: PRINCETON

Post by RichH » Fri Sep 28, 2018 9:50 pm

Quite a long post dat. Some good points.
OC and play calling heads the list for me. Cant blame coaches or players for the OL. Hard with our depth to have adequate replacements for the top 3 returning OTs . OL will improve a bit over time but it is what it is. Have to work around what we dont have. So far we have not been able to do that. Run game with Brags and Allen is fine. The rest needs to be fixed as best as possible.
Dat we cant generalize that players we have are too dumb for Ivies and not good enough for schollie teams. We have a number of kids holding multiple offers from Ivies and\or CAA and G5 FBS. This is particularly true of the last 2 recruit classes. But, we also have upperclass groups with a few true stars and some solid players but too many misses.
Agree. its odd to have a Lehigh team with a better performing D and a weak O.

Princeton will be a very tough game. They are 3-0 averaging scoring 48.6 pts per game while only giving up 8.6. Drake,Monmouth and Columbia arent a Murderers Row but the routs are still daunting.
van

Post by van » Sat Sep 29, 2018 4:09 pm

it appears that Tigger is one dimensional on O, stop Lovett, although I said the same thing about Ross Sheureman and we let him run wild in #150
ngineer

Post by ngineer » Sun Sep 30, 2018 11:28 pm

This will be a daunting game. Princeton QB one of the best in the nation. We will need tremendous pressure on him. Giving a QB of this quality more than3-4 seconds regularly will be deadly and ugly. If the O gets its head screwed on we can make a game, but will need to keep D rested with time consuming and productive drives. I see us 21 point underdogs based upon performance at Penn, which was disheartening. Season certainly not over, but we need a game to build off.
RichH

Post by RichH » Mon Oct 01, 2018 5:35 pm

ngineer
Bassetts has Tigers by 31 pts. Daunting to say the least.
Lovett has been most of their offense so far. They do have very good RBs. D is an unknown as they have not faced any competition. Certainly they have been very tough so far.
RichH

Post by RichH » Mon Oct 01, 2018 5:44 pm

Massey has us as a 26.5.underdog
ngineer

Post by ngineer » Mon Oct 01, 2018 9:17 pm

Not surprised. But Princeton has not really played anyone of substance. Monmouth is not the same this year. From what I have read, Tigers should be vulnerable on defense and hopefully, this is a game where the offense breaks out of their funk. Even if we lose, if we put up 35 points or more that would be great heading into the League competition.
RichH

Post by RichH » Mon Oct 01, 2018 9:25 pm

from the bits and pieces of games I've seen ,DL looks good, rest not so much. Only matters if Brad, Brisson and the O have sorted themselves out.Hopeful.
van

Post by van » Mon Oct 01, 2018 9:27 pm

should be a good test of our D, can the coaches come up with a game plan to stop Lovett?
RichH

Post by RichH » Mon Oct 01, 2018 9:31 pm

Stop. No. Limit him is the goal. Take away his feet and you take away most of their O. Whole O centers on Lovett.