Fordham

Back-to-back PL champs 2016 and 2017.... but need to get back to relevance in the national FCS scene.
Leaderatbirth98

Re: Fordham

Post by Leaderatbirth98 » Thu Oct 11, 2018 10:07 am

I agree we should not be settling for Patriot League titles. We need to develop a winning culture and play well out of conference. We had a good team coming back this year and thus we have under achieved. Let’s hope to run through the Patriot and beat a maybe undefeated Colgate team. We have the best QB/RB duo on the field each week. We need to capitalize on that play enough defense and win each week.

ngineer

Post by ngineer » Thu Oct 11, 2018 9:06 pm

Everyone wants to go to heaven, but nobody wants to die. Some of the talk on here is influenced too much by what is seen on TV, social media, etc. about "what it takes" to be a 'big time' winning program. Well. the PL schools will never be 'big time' football programs. We do not have the priorities of a 'big time' football program.
We will not piss away big dollars (comparatively) on a sport that is already a huge expense. The PL schools will do it their way and not care about the others. If every now and then we pull the big upset when the stars align, so be it (i.e. Lehigh Beats Duke!). So if the masses are not satisfied with being Patriot League Champions, then go to Happy Valley.....

However, I don't care if we are what we are, or become D-III. There is no excuse for slacking when things aren't going well and I saw a lot of "ole tackling" on defense and no focus on offense last weekend. Things better turn around this weekend or we may not win another game the rest of the year. Indeed, if Fordham beats us, I think a lot of 2's and 3's should start prepping for 2019 the rest of the season. The body language on some of the players is not good. I don't care if it's high school or D-I, the game is all about adversity, and how one responds to it. IMO, how the balance of the season goes will be determined on Saturday.
Sundayamqb

Post by Sundayamqb » Thu Oct 11, 2018 10:18 pm

Great post, Engineer!
News
Site Admin

Post by News » Fri Oct 12, 2018 1:43 am

Once Again, Lehigh Will Look for Dominick Bragalone To Carry Them Through Patriot League Play

http://www.college-sports-journal.com/o ... ague-play/
mookie

Post by mookie » Fri Oct 12, 2018 9:41 am

'I’m just trying to go out there and help the team win as much as possible.'

There should be a fine imposed for every player who uses this cliché.
RichH

Post by RichH » Fri Oct 12, 2018 1:18 pm

ngineer wrote: Thu Oct 11, 2018 9:06 pm Everyone wants to go to heaven, but nobody wants to die. Some of the talk on here is influenced too much by what is seen on TV, social media, etc. about "what it takes" to be a 'big time' winning program. Well. the PL schools will never be 'big time' football programs. We do not have the priorities of a 'big time' football program.
We will not piss away big dollars (comparatively) on a sport that is already a huge expense. The PL schools will do it their way and not care about the others. If every now and then we pull the big upset when the stars align, so be it (i.e. Lehigh Beats Duke!). So if the masses are not satisfied with being Patriot League Champions, then go to Happy Valley.....

However, I don't care if we are what we are, or become D-III. There is no excuse for slacking when things aren't going well and I saw a lot of "ole tackling" on defense and no focus on offense last weekend. Things better turn around this weekend or we may not win another game the rest of the year. Indeed, if Fordham beats us, I think a lot of 2's and 3's should start prepping for 2019 the rest of the season. The body language on some of the players is not good. I don't care if it's high school or D-I, the game is all about adversity, and how one responds to it. IMO, how the balance of the season goes will be determined on Saturday.
+1
lfnadmin

Post by lfnadmin » Sat Oct 13, 2018 12:30 am

Fordham Breakdown and Fearless Prediction

http://lehighfootballnation.blogspot.co ... n-and.html
ngineer

Post by ngineer » Sat Oct 13, 2018 9:40 am

No question we need the ball in Brag's hands, but he needs room to run. We constantly ran him up the gut at Princeton when the OL was getting manhandled. Need to get him in space with some passes, screens, to loosen things up. Using the rookie at the same time can also make opposing D have to not focus solely on Dom. The WR corps needs to step up. To date, we don't have a 'playmaker', nor have we seen consistent reliable hands. Team needs to focus one play at a time to build some momentum. We not only should , but we must win this game.
LU808

Post by LU808 » Sat Oct 13, 2018 1:51 pm

23-6 Fordham
LU season is over
Headed to the worst season in many years
Lehigh74

Post by Lehigh74 » Sat Oct 13, 2018 2:11 pm

What can you say? The coaching stinks, the play calling stinks, the office stinks and the defense stinks. The first half was an embarrassment.