Hoyas

Back-to-back PL champs 2016 and 2017.... but need to get back to relevance in the national FCS scene.
RichH

Hoyas

Post by RichH » Tue Oct 16, 2018 3:13 pm

Notes are up.
Nace and Morrow at 1s.
No other changes
Another must win game. Hoyas have never beaten us. Most are picking Hoyas to win. I want to say that is ridiculous. It should be. Hope it is.

RichH

Re: Hoyas

Post by RichH » Tue Oct 16, 2018 4:28 pm

Hoyas favored by 3 or 4 pts . Not surprising this year but still a shock.
datruph

Post by datruph » Tue Oct 16, 2018 4:52 pm

UGH...
datruph

Post by datruph » Tue Oct 16, 2018 4:55 pm

MY LAST POST IS THIS ONE. THE WORD POLICE ON THIS SITE DOES NOT ALLOW ANY STRONG OPINIONS. GOOD LUCK...GO LEHIGH...YOU CAN POST BUT ONLY IF THE WORD POLICE LET IT SLIDE...RIDICULOUS...
Sundayamqb

Post by Sundayamqb » Tue Oct 16, 2018 8:26 pm

Barring some kind of LU defensive rejuvenation and offensive outburst, the Hoyas have to be favored. After last week's LU showing, I'm picking them, too. At least a TD difference.

I hope this team proves me wrong.

But after last week ...
ngineer

Post by ngineer » Wed Oct 17, 2018 9:37 pm

I am a homer at heart. I almost always pick Lehigh on AGS, with rare exception (i.e. Navy). I have always been able to see a way for Lehigh pull out a win, even when an underdog. But after the last three weeks, I just shake my head. This is not the Lehigh tradition I have come to know. I will still cheer for them to win, but no longer am I expecting it. "very sad"--DJT
lfnadmin

Post by lfnadmin » Thu Oct 18, 2018 1:40 am

It's put up or shut up weekend in DC this weekend as the 1-5 (1-0) Mountain Hawks take on the 3-4 (2-0) Georgetown Hoyas.

It is a true reversal of fortunes for both teams. The Mountain Hawks desperately need a win to avoid a second consecutive losing record and to stay alive in the Patriot League title race.

And the Hoyas need a win to stay in contention for the Patriot League title - a win over Lehigh would not only be their first against the Mountain Hawks since joining the Patriot League, it would also put the Hoyas in a tie atop the Patriot League with a 3-0 league record.
Hawktalker

Post by Hawktalker » Thu Oct 18, 2018 6:28 am

Georgetown has struggled to score so far this season, but then so did Fordham until they played Lehigh.
Georgetown's defense held Fordham to 11 points. A week later the Rams put up 43 against Lehigh.
If Lehigh doesn't win Saturday, I truly wonder if they will win another game this season
News
Site Admin

Post by News » Thu Oct 18, 2018 1:31 pm

ngineer

Post by ngineer » Thu Oct 18, 2018 11:06 pm

Truly, as stated above, while we thought Fordham was a must win, this game is the absolute benchmark. Lehigh can still win the PL by running the table, and Fordham losing to someone else, quite possible. The first half of the equation is the real "iffy" part. In years past, I could 'feel' not only the ability but the mindset that a Lehigh team had the toughness and emotion to do what is necessary. I have not felt that with team. I am missing the intensity and emotion that should be boiling when things go wrong. Football is all about adversity and how one responds to it. Until now, I have not seen any response...by anyone. A loss to the once lowly Hoyas takes away any chance for the 3-peat, and could start a tail spin that doesn't end pretty. I am hoping someone in the program can find the elixir that can bring back the true "passion and pride" that our 'tradition' has always embrace. It's now or never, men. Take a look in the mirror Saturday morning and find out who staring back at you.