Lehigh-Lafayette

Back-to-back PL champs 2016 and 2017.... but need to get back to relevance in the national FCS scene.
RichH

Lehigh-Lafayette

Post by RichH » Tue Nov 13, 2018 10:46 am

Notes should be up in a bit. It is striking the apathy that surrounds the game this year. Virtually no activity here ,on Pard board or AGS. In prior years the trash talking on all three would be running hot. I mist admit I have little zest for the repartee this year, as enjoyable as it usually is.
I hace endured bad seasons and stretches of bad seasons but I have never seen this lack of interest in the Rivalry. Sad.

RichH

Re: Lehigh-Lafayette

Post by RichH » Tue Nov 13, 2018 1:43 pm

2 deep up.
Luke starting at WR

McCloskey at R
Buckrham at CB
Harris at SS.
Hawkineer

Post by Hawkineer » Tue Nov 13, 2018 2:53 pm

Five combined wins is what is really sad. The apathy is a result of the quality of football both teams have played. It is 2014 without the draw of Game 150 and Yankee Stadium.
GoLU90

Post by GoLU90 » Tue Nov 13, 2018 3:06 pm

RichH wrote: Tue Nov 13, 2018 10:46 am Notes should be up in a bit. It is striking the apathy that surrounds the game this year. Virtually no activity here ,on Pard board or AGS. In prior years the trash talking on all three would be running hot. I mist admit I have little zest for the repartee this year, as enjoyable as it usually is.
I hace endured bad seasons and stretches of bad seasons but I have never seen this lack of interest in the Rivalry. Sad.
I've noticed more and more over the years that The Rivalry is getting less intense. The last really intense game I remember was 2007. Granted I missed 2008-2012 so I can't speak to those. I'm not advocating fighting or any of that stuff from years past, but the games having no intensity off the field is a real shame.

Even standing in line for food with Lafayette fans and everyone smiling and making polite small talk is so strange to me. I've seen that at Goodman and Easton the last few years. I don't remember that 10 years ago. Last year we sat next to Lafayette fans on the home side at Goodman. They wanted to chat the whole time like we were all old fraternity brothers or something. Again, I'm not advocating taking a swing at the Lafayette fan next you but these games used to be so damn intense.

I guess it's fallen victim to Lafayette being so bad and college football having attendance problems all over the country.

Beat Lafayette :!:
RichH

Post by RichH » Tue Nov 13, 2018 3:14 pm

Ah 90, you are describing the metamorphosis of older alums. We are all less intense than we were as undergrads. :shock:
For the young'uns , there has been little on the field competitiveness between 2 good teams for a decade or more.
Revive both programs and the RIVALRY will intensify. :!: :D
mookie

Post by mookie » Tue Nov 13, 2018 3:49 pm

Faux rivalry. Students haven't cared in 30 years, maybe longer.
RichH

Post by RichH » Tue Nov 13, 2018 4:05 pm

A bit of an over generalization. There is little doubt interest in football has waned for a lot of reasons. For us more reasonable student tailgating rules.will help tremendously.
Brings up ,of course, the draconian alcohol and party rules now enforced on campus. The met impact has bern to move social life to town and render campus empty and quiet on weekends.
LUFAN

Post by LUFAN » Tue Nov 13, 2018 6:51 pm

RichH wrote: Tue Nov 13, 2018 4:05 pm A bit of an over generalization. There is little doubt interest in football has waned for a lot of reasons. For us more reasonable student tailgating rules.will help tremendously.
Brings up ,of course, the draconian alcohol and party rules now enforced on campus. The met impact has bern to move social life to town and render campus empty and quiet on weekends.
+1
Sundayamqb

Post by Sundayamqb » Tue Nov 13, 2018 11:08 pm

LUFAN wrote: Tue Nov 13, 2018 6:51 pm
RichH wrote: Tue Nov 13, 2018 4:05 pm A bit of an over generalization. There is little doubt interest in football has waned for a lot of reasons. For us more reasonable student tailgating rules.will help tremendously.
+1
+2

This is 10 years and counting, no success ...
https://www.cbsnews.com/news/a-spirited ... nking-age/
ngineer

Post by ngineer » Wed Nov 14, 2018 9:12 pm

mookie wrote: Tue Nov 13, 2018 3:49 pm Faux rivalry. Students haven't cared in 30 years, maybe longer.
No, no, no. I have seen very intense games right up through the early 2000's. I remember the mini-riot at Goodman in the 1990's, Lots of yelling and chants at games with antagonism. Yes, the past 8-9 years have lessened as the Leotards became weaker and weaker. Of course, since the Yankee Stadium debacle it hasn't felt the same.