And the Head Coach Clock restarts. Tick-Tock....

Back-to-back PL champs 2016 and 2017.... but need to get back to relevance in the national FCS scene.
RichH

And the Head Coach Clock restarts. Tick-Tock....

Post by RichH » Wed Dec 26, 2018 10:32 am

If rumors are true, there should be applicants on campus for interviews with Joe. Lookouts would be appreciated :D

lfnadmin

Re: And the Head Coach Clock restarts. Tick-Tock....

Post by lfnadmin » Wed Dec 26, 2018 12:11 pm

One thing that's official is that Cignetti is not taking Folmar with him from Elon to JMU.

"Sources tell FootballScoop Shane Montgomery is expected to be new offensive coordinator for Curt Cignetti’s staff. Montgomery, who served as head coach at Miami (OH) from 2005-08, served as OC / QBs at Charlotte last season after having served in the same capacity at Youngstown State 2010-17."

http://footballscoop.com/the-scoop/
FBCSLEh

Post by FBCSLEh » Wed Dec 26, 2018 4:26 pm

RichH wrote: Wed Dec 26, 2018 10:32 am If rumors are true, there should be applicants on campus for interviews with Joe. Lookouts would be appreciated :D
Can anyone confirm or deny the rumor that there has been applicants on campus already?
JimLU81

Post by JimLU81 » Wed Dec 26, 2018 5:36 pm

Nobody on Campus yet... supposedly tomorrow. I’m told 5 Candidates will be on campus. My source would not confirm who on campus interviews would be if they even knew. However source said we would be very surprised by who some of the front runners are coming out of phone interviews. They made one specific comment to me, “Joe Sterret knows what he wants, and is not afraid to make an unpopular hire if he believes that is right person.” Take it for what it is worth. I personally don’t know how to take it... I do have faith in Joe so while I may not be in favor of some candidates, I have no doubt Joe will not make this about money, personal agenda, or what a bunch of people like us write on the internet.
RichH

Post by RichH » Wed Dec 26, 2018 5:57 pm

JimLU81 wrote: Wed Dec 26, 2018 5:36 pm Nobody on Campus yet... supposedly tomorrow. I’m told 5 Candidates will be on campus. My source would not confirm who on campus interviews would be if they even knew. However source said we would be very surprised by who some of the front runners are coming out of phone interviews. They made one specific comment to me, “Joe Sterret knows what he wants, and is not afraid to make an unpopular hire if he believes that is right person.” Take it for what it is worth. I personally don’t know how to take it... I do have faith in Joe so while I may not be in favor of some candidates, I have no doubt Joe will not make this about money, personal agenda, or what a bunch of people like us write on the internet.
Thanks Jim. I had heard that interviews were this week but no number or names.
Joe has never been one to be insecure in his judgement. He will decide who is best suited to coach the program he has guided so well.
We can see how coach searches run by college bureacrats turn out. :mrgreen:
mookie

Post by mookie » Wed Dec 26, 2018 7:07 pm

Anti-climactic at this point. A.D. runs with impunity since his boss knows zero about sports. They just dropped a 3-8 turd even though Andy's health issue has been known for well over two years. No accountability.
RichH

Post by RichH » Wed Dec 26, 2018 7:24 pm

mookie wrote: Wed Dec 26, 2018 7:07 pm Anti-climactic at this point. A.D. runs with impunity since his boss knows zero about sports. They just dropped a 3-8 turd even though Andy's health issue has been known for well over two years. No accountability.
mookie some of your posts are truly clueless.This is not the NFL or FBS. Ws and Ls are very important here. Always have been, at least under Joe. Of course Joe knew the risk. Preseason, the outlook for us was pretty optimistic. A consensus pick for end place. August camp and we lose all our returning Ts. Add that to losing 3 starters .As we all saw ,the OL was a disaster for most of the season and basically shortcircuited our O. Shit happens.
Relying on hindsight doesnt make you smart mookie, just clueless as to why Joe wanted this year for Andy .
Sundayamqb

Post by Sundayamqb » Wed Dec 26, 2018 9:29 pm

I respect AD's decision-making. His continued acquiescence to the program's defensive liabilities all those years was surprising, but PL championships have a certain power, I guess ... and other great things were happening with the program. Clean slate will be nice.
O’Liner

Post by O’Liner » Thu Dec 27, 2018 7:50 pm

I’m not a regular poster but disagree with comments from Mookie. Would much rather have an informed AD who knows the program, what was the appropriate approach in this situation, and who will best fit now as HC. Joe is obviously accountable which also means admin endorses how he has managed FB and AD overall.
RichH

Post by RichH » Thu Dec 27, 2018 8:09 pm

Hi O'Liner.
mookie is a contrarian on his best day. :D .
Joe knows what he wants and will find the coach that fits his vision. His administration and vision has done a great job . i trust his decision. Kinda anxious to end the uncertainty. Recruiting starts again in 2 weeks. We are working in a very short window.
Agree with your view on accountability. Joe is not a bureaucratic committee of academics. His is the Dean of Athletics for a reason. He decides.