Monmouth

Back-to-back PL champs 2016 and 2017.... but need to get back to relevance in the national FCS scene.
LU808

Re: Monmouth

Post by LU808 » Tue Oct 03, 2023 2:21 pm

Sterrett is insulated from all criticism ...X Lehigh QB, "Chaired" position, DEI and pronoun implementer, to old to terminate w/o a huge payout.

Old Timer

Post by Old Timer » Tue Oct 03, 2023 2:54 pm

I haven't heard a peep from "ngineer" this week?
Go Lehigh TU Owl

Post by Go Lehigh TU Owl » Tue Oct 03, 2023 3:26 pm

Old Timer wrote: Tue Oct 03, 2023 2:54 pm I haven't heard a peep from "ngineer" this week?
Very unusual for him not to chime in here or on AGS. Hopefully everything is ok!
Go Lehigh TU Owl

Post by Go Lehigh TU Owl » Tue Oct 03, 2023 3:45 pm

LU808 wrote: Tue Oct 03, 2023 2:21 pm Sterrett is insulated from all criticism ...X Lehigh QB, "Chaired" position, DEI and pronoun implementer, to old to terminate w/o a huge payout.
I have no idea what the AD situation is at Lehigh beyond "bizarre"? According to the website Sterrett is STILL the AD so unless I'm missing something the day-to-day oversight is his responsibility as defined by the university. I work/speak with individuals who work in higher ed each week, there's no grinding over DEI and pronouns unless that's "your thing" so for the sake of Mountain Hawk Athletics I hope he or whoever is "running the show" realizes that success encompasses all facets of Lehigh and is not defined by their "virtuous proclamations".

Football still offers an opportunity for community engagement. But it has to be FUN! No casual football fan wants to waste a Saturday to see the "local team" get mauled. Holy Cross is attracting crowds that Lehigh once did when they were humming along. There is still interest in "traditional" college football in the Northeast. The 'Pard faithful will start to come out of their decade long slumber.

It's time to turn this nonsense around on South Mountain. I'm tired of the Gilmore blame for lack of effort, basic execution at this point in the 2023 season. That was an embarrassing display after Silbor's INT on Saturday. This staff MUST figure out how to get this ship headed in the right direction by first showing the ability to overachieve.
Last edited by Go Lehigh TU Owl on Wed Oct 04, 2023 11:43 pm, edited 3 times in total.
lfnadmin

Post by lfnadmin » Tue Oct 03, 2023 4:29 pm

Go Lehigh TU Owl wrote: Tue Oct 03, 2023 3:45 pm I'm tired of the Gilmore blame for lack of effort, basic execution at this point in the 2023 season.
Brutus is tired of blaming Caesar all the time. Noted.
Chalkeye

Post by Chalkeye » Tue Oct 03, 2023 5:46 pm

Excellent response! Et tu, Owl.
Old Timer

Post by Old Timer » Tue Oct 03, 2023 6:57 pm

Owl, spot in regard to community engagement. First, move game to 1 p.m. Currently the band plays our National Anthem before 50 fans on the home side. I am not kidding! Get rid of the $18 General Admission. All GA tix should be $5 until further notice. Kids under 12 free. (Lafayette game exception). Put new blood in charge of game day promotions. I’ve had quite enough of the Domino’s dice roll. Stop wasting our time letting a 85 lb. Kid attempt field goals. Sell beer! I know, that’s asking a lot. But what the hell…….Thoughts.
Sundayamqb

Post by Sundayamqb » Tue Oct 03, 2023 8:10 pm

Old Timer wrote: Tue Oct 03, 2023 6:57 pm Owl, spot in regard to community engagement. First, move game to 1 p.m. Currently the band plays our National Anthem before 50 fans on the home side. I am not kidding! Get rid of the $18 General Admission. All GA tix should be $5 until further notice. Kids under 12 free. (Lafayette game exception). Put new blood in charge of game day promotions. I’ve had quite enough of the Domino’s dice roll. Stop wasting our time letting a 85 lb. Kid attempt field goals. Sell beer! I know, that’s asking a lot. But what the hell…….Thoughts.
Coneptually, +!
LUFAN

Post by LUFAN » Wed Oct 04, 2023 9:52 am

Finally got to reading the post game article.

"We have to continue to build the culture and we have a lot of fixing to do."

THIS really jumped off the page at me. Imagine arriving at Lehigh charged with the duty of fixing the toxic environment that Tom Gilmore created. He created it at Holy Cross and he created it at Lehigh. It was a horrible decision to hire this man and it will take a long time for Cahill to clean up this mess.
Go Lehigh TU Owl

Post by Go Lehigh TU Owl » Wed Oct 04, 2023 11:53 am

LUFAN wrote: Wed Oct 04, 2023 9:52 am Finally got to reading the post game article.

"We have to continue to build the culture and we have a lot of fixing to do."

THIS really jumped off the page at me. Imagine arriving at Lehigh charged with the duty of fixing the toxic environment that Tom Gilmore created. He created it at Holy Cross and he created it at Lehigh. It was a horrible decision to hire this man and it will take a long time for Cahill to clean up this mess.
I don't believe what Cahill and company took over is unprecedented in its nature (obviously, context will be always different). Obviously, Gilmore should never have been hired in the first place. He also could have been fired mid-season like he was at Holy Cross to begin the "healing" process earlier. With that saidd, good to great coaches can turnaround culture/produce tangible positive results in rather short order.

Troxell took over a Lafayette program that hadn't had a winning season (minus Covid) in 13 years; endured an ugly divorce with Tavani (openly challenge the LC administration following their 2016 loss to Lehigh) and Garrett was nothing more than a running joke on College Hill). There's also Lafayette's notoriously "indifferent" administration when it comes to athletics. Nonetheless. in Troxell's second game as 'Pard's head coach they battle Temple for 60 minutes then by late October they nearly take down a Top 10 Holy Cross team. Now in year two Lafayette is a LEGIT threat to the Crusader's throne! Why? Troxell and staff know what the hell they're doing! They were able to get kids to buy in right away! Effort and preparation should be there from day one!