Starting line-up 2019-2020

Young team returns in 2018-2019 with tons of promise. Can they get back to the NCAA Tournament?
LU808
Posts: 112
Joined: Thu May 10, 2018 4:44 pm
Location: Kailua Kona, Hawaii
Contact:

Re: Starting line-up 2019-2020

Post by LU808 » Wed Jul 10, 2019 1:07 pm

Question - Can Reed step up and do a better job coaching during the game?


User avatar
RichH
Posts: 1733
Joined: Mon Apr 30, 2018 5:53 pm
Contact:

Re: Starting line-up 2019-2020

Post by RichH » Wed Jul 10, 2019 1:27 pm

LU808 wrote:
Wed Jul 10, 2019 1:07 pm
Question - Can Reed step up and do a better job coaching during the game?
Not so far. Admittedly a bit better than his first couple of years but the unwillingness to adapt during games continues. Seems locked into a rigid system.
User avatar
jimk72
Posts: 221
Joined: Tue May 08, 2018 6:39 am
Location: Allentown, Pa.
Contact:

Re: Starting line-up 2019-2020

Post by jimk72 » Wed Jul 10, 2019 2:58 pm

And speaking of coaching acumen, are there now too many Brett's coaching in the Patriot league? In what appears to be a great get for The Cross, Brett Nelson has been named head coach of the Crusaders. Key player for Billy Donovan at Florida, years of moving up the the coaching ranks, and most recently associate head coach in The Big East (Marquette). Young and very credentialed. Time will tell, but this looks like a great hire.
Bison_137
Posts: 103
Joined: Tue May 15, 2018 9:53 pm
Contact:

Re: Starting line-up 2019-2020

Post by Bison_137 » Wed Jul 10, 2019 10:19 pm

jimk72 wrote:
Wed Jul 10, 2019 2:58 pm
And speaking of coaching acumen, are there now too many Brett's coaching in the Patriot league? In what appears to be a great get for The Cross, Brett Nelson has been named head coach of the Crusaders. Key player for Billy Donovan at Florida, years of moving up the the coaching ranks, and most recently associate head coach in The Big East (Marquette). Young and very credentialed. Time will tell, but this looks like a great hire.

Hard to tell how someone will do when they have never been a head coach at any level. Also he has never recruited high-academic players, never coached/recruited mid-majors, and rarely recruited in the northeast. So I think it is very hard to judge him at this point. I recall when HC fans were elated about landing Sean Kearney, long-time Notre Dame Associate Head Coach. Less than a year later he was fired for incompetence. I doubt Nelson will sink to that level but only time will tell.

If rumors
User avatar
jimk72
Posts: 221
Joined: Tue May 08, 2018 6:39 am
Location: Allentown, Pa.
Contact:

Re: Starting line-up 2019-2020

Post by jimk72 » Fri Jul 19, 2019 3:34 pm

Back to the line up, and roster....... So much for Joe Foley. Verbal Commits now lists him as "left the team..." Has he been gone for awhile? Doubtful he would ever be a starter but with 22 game appearances Doc obviously like him and gave some relief minutes.
User avatar
RichH
Posts: 1733
Joined: Mon Apr 30, 2018 5:53 pm
Contact:

Re: Starting line-up 2019-2020

Post by RichH » Fri Jul 19, 2019 4:01 pm

Homesick? G rotation is gonna be tight. For years we were always short Fs.and lots of Gs. Kinda the opposite now..
User avatar
van
Posts: 352
Joined: Mon May 07, 2018 1:49 pm
Location: KY
Contact:

Re: Starting line-up 2019-2020

Post by van » Sat Jul 20, 2019 7:20 am

looks like minutes available for Betlow and/or Fenton
User avatar
RichH
Posts: 1733
Joined: Mon Apr 30, 2018 5:53 pm
Contact:

Re: Starting line-up 2019-2020

Post by RichH » Sat Jul 20, 2019 11:35 am

Saw yesterday a ranking by Stadium of the HC jobs in the PL. No shock Bucknell at 1 and Holy Cross at 2. The Lehigh job came in at 5.
Bison_137
Posts: 103
Joined: Tue May 15, 2018 9:53 pm
Contact:

Re: Starting line-up 2019-2020

Post by Bison_137 » Sat Jul 20, 2019 12:01 pm

RichH wrote:
Sat Jul 20, 2019 11:35 am
Saw yesterday a ranking by Stadium of the HC jobs in the PL. No shock Bucknell at 1 and Holy Cross at 2. The Lehigh job came in at 5.

That piece was run on the Stadium site but it was the results of a Jeff Goodman poll of various PL head coaches and assistant coaches.
User avatar
jimk72
Posts: 221
Joined: Tue May 08, 2018 6:39 am
Location: Allentown, Pa.
Contact:

Re: Starting line-up 2019-2020

Post by jimk72 » Sat Jul 20, 2019 1:28 pm

I read the article as well. Seemed very fair and as accurate as you can be on a topic this subjective. At the very least it points out what a great job Matt Langel has done. And what very well may be a huge blown opportunity for St. Joe's.
Post Reply

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest