Colgate

Back-to-back PL champs 2016 and 2017.... but need to get back to relevance in the national FCS scene.
Lehigh74

Re: Colgate

Post by Lehigh74 » Thu Nov 10, 2022 1:41 pm

The team is pretty much unwatchable. It's a shame, because there is talent. If 1- 10 is what it takes to get a coaching change, I'll take it.

Richb-3

Post by Richb-3 » Thu Nov 10, 2022 8:12 pm

Last 2 games 1 chance in 10 of winning each.

1 chance in 100 of winning both

18 of 100 of winning 1 or the other.

81 of 100 of losing both.

Still, I am guessing we have a better chance of beating the Pards than the Raiders. I will be at wrestling Saturday but at Fisher Field on the 20th.

I wonder how many folks with season tickets for both wrestling and football will be at Grace vs Goodman Saturday noon.
Lehigh74

Post by Lehigh74 » Thu Nov 10, 2022 9:30 pm

I went back and read the article in the Morning Call after Sterrett hired Gilmore and saw this quote.
“I’m not sure if we’ve had any search I’ve been a part of with as strong and deep a pool of candidates who were truly qualified to be the football coach at this institution,” He also said he had 15 or 16 good candidates for the position. The question is, assuming that’s all true, how did he screw it up so badly?
ngineer

Post by ngineer » Fri Nov 11, 2022 12:13 pm

lfnadmin wrote: Thu Nov 10, 2022 9:35 am
LUFAN wrote: Thu Nov 10, 2022 7:52 am This board should be rooting for 1-10. That may be the only way Lehigh Football sees meaningful change. 3-8 probably means another year of pain and agony for you under the guidance of Gilmore.

Losers lose. He is just doing what he does best.
If you're rooting for 1-10 no way in hell you belong here. Say what you want about the staff or the current performance, but this ain't the NFL, where tanking is rewarded. We're staring at a 3 win season at best, but I still want a 50 point win over Lafayette.
+1 I agree. As much as we want change, the idea of cheering for us to lose is abhorrent.
ngineer

Post by ngineer » Fri Nov 11, 2022 12:16 pm

Richb-3 wrote: Thu Nov 10, 2022 8:12 pm Last 2 games 1 chance in 10 of winning each.

1 chance in 100 of winning both

18 of 100 of winning 1 or the other.

81 of 100 of losing both.

Still, I am guessing we have a better chance of beating the Pards than the Raiders. I will be at wrestling Saturday but at Fisher Field on the 20th.

I wonder how many folks with season tickets for both wrestling and football will be at Grace vs Goodman Saturday noon.
I am one of those. I will be at Goodman as my first allegiance has always been football, plus, I just like being outdoors on a nice day watching a football game. It's what fall is. However, if Tropical Storm Nicole lingers and Saturday becomes a soaker, I will likely go indoors.
DF2002

Post by DF2002 » Fri Nov 11, 2022 12:59 pm

Lehigh74 wrote: Thu Nov 10, 2022 9:30 pm I went back and read the article in the Morning Call after Sterrett hired Gilmore and saw this quote.
“I’m not sure if we’ve had any search I’ve been a part of with as strong and deep a pool of candidates who were truly qualified to be the football coach at this institution,” He also said he had 15 or 16 good candidates for the position. The question is, assuming that’s all true, how did he screw it up so badly?
If that’s true…. Eeesh. Hard to imagine Sterrett could have picked a worse candidate. In fairness, hind sight is always 20/20 but still concerning he went with the candidate that gave us the worst string of seasons since the 60’s.

On the other hand, maybe there’s a chance some of those candidates would be interested in taking the position if/when Gilmore leaves. TBH, if this is your first or second HC role, this program would be perfect. The bar is so damn low.
ngineer

Post by ngineer » Fri Nov 11, 2022 4:40 pm

Lehigh has never had a problem getting a lot of interest from qualified candidates. It usually comes down to what can we afford and is the candidate's background conducive to coaching our type of student-athletes. My gut tells me that Sterrett relied a significant amount on what he may have heard from Clawson/Higgins, as well as discussions with Holy Cross regarding that separation. Additionally, Gilmore was visibly 'hungry' for this job. He loved Lehigh when he came here 25 years ago and felt his history of success in the Higgins/Lembo era gave him special insight into what Lehigh needed. Unfortunately, his personality shortcomings wear thin and a lot of players/staff get tired of it. Whether Cecchini would have had more success had he come here, we'll never know. But, Lehigh had a lot more talent to work with than Bucknell.
Question, where is Drew Folmar coaching now??
LUFAN

Post by LUFAN » Fri Nov 11, 2022 5:34 pm

ngineer wrote: Fri Nov 11, 2022 12:13 pm
lfnadmin wrote: Thu Nov 10, 2022 9:35 am
LUFAN wrote: Thu Nov 10, 2022 7:52 am This board should be rooting for 1-10. That may be the only way Lehigh Football sees meaningful change. 3-8 probably means another year of pain and agony for you under the guidance of Gilmore.

Losers lose. He is just doing what he does best.
If you're rooting for 1-10 no way in hell you belong here. Say what you want about the staff or the current performance, but this ain't the NFL, where tanking is rewarded. We're staring at a 3 win season at best, but I still want a 50 point win over Lafayette.
+1 I agree. As much as we want change, the idea of cheering for us to lose is abhorrent.
Abhorrent is watching Lehigh football the last 2 seasons. But you have fun cheering for Gilmore again next year.

I’d prefer 1-10 which should result in a clean sweep of staff. Sadly, that is the path to a better future. Any reason to keep this man only sets Lehigh Football back further.

Just my opinion.
News
Site Admin

Post by News » Fri Nov 11, 2022 5:43 pm

Colgate At Lehigh Game Preview And Fearless Prediction, 11/12/2022: Does ‘Hate The Gate’ Even Apply Anymore?

https://www.college-sports-journal.com/ ... y-anymore/

Lehigh89

Post by Lehigh89 » Fri Nov 11, 2022 6:22 pm

Respectfully I disagree. These kids put everything on the line day after day and they are being failed. Sent into a gun fight with sling shots led into battle by a pompous arrogant jerk who fails to represent anything my university stands for. So if the embarrassment of a 1 win season is what is takes to force change, to bring some pride, dignity and respect back then yes I'm rooting for them to lose. I'll take it a step further...if you care about the kids you'll actually root against them. These kids have NO respect for Gilmore and anybody that does is either ignorant or unaware of how bad the situation in that locker room actually is