Spring Practice

Back-to-back PL champs 2016 and 2017.... but need to get back to relevance in the national FCS scene.
RichH

Re: Spring Practice

Post by RichH » Mon Apr 24, 2023 12:21 pm

Thanks ngineer. Guardedly optimistic, There will be blown coverages,missed assignments,bad reads,missed blocks and tackles. How well the staff limits these while teaching players how to win is next year's story.
IMO,the most essential need is a consistent OL. Looking forward to August.

Sundayamqb

Post by Sundayamqb » Mon Apr 24, 2023 7:30 pm

[/quote]

No question that this year's spring session was primarily focused on rebuilding team chemistry and culture to make sure everyone is rowing in the same direction. Some very demanding drills being run at 5:30 a.m. under the lights. Virtually an entirely new staff to acclimate amongst themselves and the team. Hope springs eternal. Once we hear/see more in August will we be able to 'project' how the season may go; preliminarily, I would like to see 4-6 wins.
[/quote]

I was interested in this comment.

I know a number of college teams (not necessarily at football or at Lehigh) that practice in the mornings, even at off-campus sites.

Having played sports at Lehigh, I initially thought this was nuts. Then I realized the a.m. practices required massive discipline and time management, from eliminating pub night options and requiring early bed times to requiring early, on-time rises and timely showers before class (which in cases I know of began at 9:30 or 10 a.m. during season).

Anyone know if any Lehigh teams have gone to a.m. practices?
RichH

Post by RichH » Mon Apr 24, 2023 9:10 pm

In lieu of afternoon/evening,I don't think any have. That said a number of teams hold AM workouts/practices.
The time pressure on Lehigh athletes is intense. Football has become a year round activity for the players.From what I can gather,the enthusiasm and work are there. Technique and cohesion ,works in progress. Toughest part,as Cahill noted,is building confidence. Learning how to win and expecting to win