Loyola Forfeits PL Championship Game due to Covid

Can Lehigh get back to the NCAA postseason?
grad81

Loyola Forfeits PL Championship Game due to Covid

Post by grad81 » Sun May 09, 2021 8:32 am

Unbelievable.

TMH

Re: Loyola Forfeits PL Championship Game due to Covid

Post by TMH » Sun May 09, 2021 10:47 am

Well, that changes my plans for today.

I really like that Lehigh technically wins the PL and gets a NCAA bid but it does feel kind of hollow. It helps though that Lehigh was the best team in the Patriot League this year.
LU808

Post by LU808 » Sun May 09, 2021 1:38 pm

Remember we beat them 10-6 earlier in the year...more proof the best PL team is Champion and going to the NCAA tournament.
grad81

Post by grad81 » Sun May 09, 2021 8:47 pm

Part of winning is showing up. Tough break for Loyola but the Hawks are moving on and deservedly so. From beginning to end, they were the best team in the PL. Now they will find out who they will play in the first round a few minutes from now. Hopefully, the extra week will give those starters who are nicked up, time to heal, specifically Tangredi, Hagenberger and Schelling. There was a good chance that if the game had been played today, Schelling would have missed it due to the shoulder injury he sustained late in the game against Colgate. Obviously, we don’t want to be short handed next week. Go Lehigh!
grad81

Post by grad81 » Sun May 09, 2021 9:59 pm

Lehigh gets the #8 seed and opens with Rutgers next Saturday at UVA. I like this match up. Rutgers has a good offense but only 39% at the x. If Sisselberger keeps doing his thing, bodes well for us and a lot of possessions. Need to limit turnovers and clear much better. Great story line for this game, four year back up at Lehigh starts in goal against his old team.
ngineer

Post by ngineer » Sun May 09, 2021 10:20 pm

As long as they can cut down on the turnovers in the defensive end, they should be fine. Sisselberger should dominate at the 'x'. Hopefully, those nicked up will get to heal up. I like the match up.
TMH

Post by TMH » Sun May 09, 2021 10:56 pm

This should be an interesting day for the Kirst family.

Cole of course , 2nd team all PL at Lehigh. Goalie Colin played his undergraduate at Lehigh and was the Big 10 Goalie of the Year at Rutgers. Former All-American Connor, a transfer from Villanova is also now at Rutgers.