Boston U, crazy eights!

Young team returns in 2018-2019 with tons of promise. Can they get back to the NCAA Tournament?
lehigh90

Boston U, crazy eights!

Post by lehigh90 » Sun Jan 29, 2023 2:42 pm

Seems like we never beat BU, but now 8 in a row.

jimk72

Re: Boston U, crazy eights!

Post by jimk72 » Sun Jan 29, 2023 5:49 pm

Very physical, hard nosed game and our worst shooting night of the year. But they figured it out with probably the best defensive effort of the year.

And apparently the stripes were being paid based on the number of fouls called. The teams combined for 57 foul shots…….
lehigh90

Post by lehigh90 » Tue Jan 31, 2023 11:33 am

Hottest team in the conference, running off 8 straight, but not getting much respect from KenPom or Sagarin.

KENPOM:

116 Colgate
220 American
227 Navy
231 Army
245 Lafayette
257 LEHIGH

We only have lost to Colgate (home) and Army (road)

SAGARIN:

140 Colgate
223 American
228 LEHIGH
229 Navy
232 Army
263 Lafayette

Next three games are big ones, with revenge games at Colgate and home to Army, and at Lafayette (big revenge). Don't think we can expect to run streak to 11, but I would like to see us beat Army and Lafayette. Don't see us winning at Colgate.
jimk72

Post by jimk72 » Tue Jan 31, 2023 1:39 pm

I think we’ve now proven we can handle anyone in the league except Colgate. In my opinion much of the stats are based on some horrendous early efforts against some middling teams. We have gradually trended up at Kenpom and the like.

And about Colgate, obviously they are loaded. Watched their game last night against Loyola. Their bigs are really big and they have other guys who will kill you with 3’s. We would need a great shooting night coupled with a really hard nosed defensive effort from everyone, particularly Parolin and Tan underneath. Adiassa has the size we need but he’s far from ready to do much but slow them down underneath. Hopefully Henri will blossom over time with more coaching, more practice, and more minutes.

But as we all know, the tournament is what matters. If we take care of business with everyone else, we only have to beat The Red Raiders of The Chenango Valley once…. at the end.
ngineer

Post by ngineer » Tue Jan 31, 2023 11:25 pm

jimk72 wrote: Tue Jan 31, 2023 1:39 pm I think we’ve now proven we can handle anyone in the league except Colgate. In my opinion much of the stats are based on some horrendous early efforts against some middling teams. We have gradually trended up at Kenpom and the like.

And about Colgate, obviously they are loaded. Watched their game last night against Loyola. Their bigs are really big and they have other guys who will kill you with 3’s. We would need a great shooting night coupled with a really hard nosed defensive effort from everyone, particularly Parolin and Tan underneath. Adiassa has the size we need but he’s far from ready to do much but slow them down underneath. Hopefully Henri will blossom over time with more coaching, more practice, and more minutes.

But as we all know, the tournament is what matters. If we take care of business with everyone else, we only have to beat The Red Raiders of The Chenango Valley once…. at the end.
I would send Adiassa to NCCC this summer and have him take their juggling class! It would teach him dexterity and improve his ball handling which needs a lot of help. He is a lot of potential that needs a lot developing. Could be a beast if he learns to control the ball.