Lehigh-Army

We ain't rebuilding anymore. But we need a little more to take the next step.
TMH

Lehigh-Army

Post by TMH » Thu Jan 06, 2022 10:47 am

I attended the game last night so I decided to share some thoughts.

Army is not a very good team offensively with the exception of Fallin is is just a tough individual. They don't shoot particularly well. On the other side they are an excellent team defensively. They play a tight man-man including the perimeter and press often. It was nice having Clair back for this game.

If I were Sue, and I'm not :-), I would be be spending a lot of time reviewing this film and finding a way to incorporate their defensive schemes in our playbook.

Frannie seems to be struggling after coming back. She missed a bunch of layups. Lehigh will need her back at full Hottinger as the season progresses. Steele, who didn't start and wore a mask, got off to a bit of a shaky start with the Army press but recovered nicely as the game went on.

I watched warmups prior to the game and they didn't miss...anything. I'd say, they were about 19-20 from 3. Army's pressure certainly changed things but we need to set screens and a lot of them so that the girls can square their shoulders when they shoot.

We need work in the paint. Boxing out, finishing layups and playing defense. We played tight on the perimeter and did a lot of trapping late in the game which was effective.

Next up..Holy Cross up there. This too can be a nip and tuck game unless we play 40 minutes.

Side note: Bucknell is 0-2 in the Patriot League.. They are a very good team based on their OOC play. Surprisingly, their 2 losses (the Academies) were to teams that are 0-3 outside of Bucknell. Every game could be a dogfight if we are not ready to play.

jimk72

Re: Lehigh-Army

Post by jimk72 » Thu Jan 06, 2022 2:21 pm

Super analysis TMH. Not much to add other than to say, Army very physical. Helmets and pads would have been appropriate.
LU808

Re: Lehigh-Army

Post by LU808 » Fri Jan 07, 2022 7:36 pm

Lehigh was outclassed and outplayed in EVER facet of the game, losing 77 - 55.

It was a miserable performance.