Congratulations to Josh Humphreys

Talk about the champions, or the Top 25 nationally-ranked team!
Oracle

Re: Congratulations to Josh Humphreys

Post by Oracle » Sun Mar 19, 2023 7:35 am

Three guys from Lehigh went out as heroes since 2019: Preisch, Wood, and now Humphreys.

Fans can be selfish. Let the guy graduate and move on with his life. He’s done enough.

whiz wit

Post by whiz wit » Sun Mar 19, 2023 8:01 am

Oracle wrote: Sun Mar 19, 2023 7:35 am Three guys from Lehigh went out as heroes since 2019: Preisch, Wood, and now Humphreys.

Fans can be selfish. Let the guy graduate and move on with his life. He’s done enough.
ngineer wrote above in part,

" It was said by the ESPN announcer that Humphreys told him that he was coming back for one more season."

Where's the fan selfishness if the guy himself wants to wrestle another year?
lu_alum

Post by lu_alum » Sun Mar 19, 2023 9:26 am

whiz wit wrote: Sun Mar 19, 2023 8:01 am
Oracle wrote: Sun Mar 19, 2023 7:35 am Three guys from Lehigh went out as heroes since 2019: Preisch, Wood, and now Humphreys.

ngineer wrote above in part,

" It was said by the ESPN announcer that Humphreys told him that he was coming back for one more season."

Where's the fan selfishness if the guy himself wants to wrestle another year?
Straight from Josh himself…
https://www.flowrestling.org/events/103 ... g=10763154
Oracle

Post by Oracle » Sun Mar 19, 2023 9:32 am

My point - and maybe I didn’t do a good enough job explaining it - was fans shouldn’t be the ones forcing the issue. If he wants to come back I’m all for it.

Probably no issue with getting the medical exemption.
LU in the Hub

Post by LU in the Hub » Sun Mar 19, 2023 10:08 am

Arujau, O’Connor, Spencer Lee and Yianni are one more year out of HS than Josh, so it makes sense given the Covid year thing - although the Covid year thing was a mistake IMO.

Would love to see it happen, though!
BP-LU87

Post by BP-LU87 » Sun Mar 19, 2023 10:10 am

Still not understanding your point….how are fans forcing the issue here?

It was brought up as quotes from ESPN and Josh (and Dad) and fans have weighed in on this including how psyched they’d be if he returned for another year.

Forcing what? This dialogue?
Oracle

Post by Oracle » Sun Mar 19, 2023 10:20 am

While your question is argumentative I will answer.
Yes, the dialogue. Returning should be his decision alone. Fans shouldn’t be pushing for it.

It now appears he would return if medical exemption is granted. So that makes this all moot. Unless you want to argue some more. 😉
FloridaGuy

Post by FloridaGuy » Sun Mar 19, 2023 10:21 am

>>>>>>> The Covid year was handled bass ackwards:

Kutler lost his last NCAA chance while many others got an extra year.

The logical process, in my opinion, would have been an extra year for the 330 qualifiers who had their season truncated right before the NCAAs.

On a side note——-thought Josh gave a good interview and ending the season on two quality wins is always a plus
lu_alum

Post by lu_alum » Sun Mar 19, 2023 11:00 am

FloridaGuy wrote: Sun Mar 19, 2023 10:21 am >>>>>>> The Covid year was handled bass ackwards:

Kutler lost his last NCAA chance while many others got an extra year.

The logical process, in my opinion, would have been an extra year for the 330 qualifiers who had their season truncated right before the NCAAs.

On a side note——-thought Josh gave a good interview and ending the season on two quality wins is always a plus
Yeah, Kutler (and the others in his graduating class) got screwed when the NCAA reversed itself by giving the COVID bonus year. Still frustrated about Kutler's senior season - I had him winning it all from the #3 seed.
Dad

Post by Dad » Sun Mar 19, 2023 2:11 pm

Agree on Kutler. One loss was to Hall that year. I believe it was the first time he took Hall down at the dual. Was healthy and peaking. Did not surrender one point during his EIWA run that year. UGH