Columbians in the Portal

Talk about the champions, or the Top 25 nationally-ranked team!
HFO

Re: Columbians in the Portal

Post by HFO » Tue Sep 19, 2023 12:58 am

Mr. Batbie’s letter, Letter location: Versailles, Letter date: 3 décembre 1872 (December 3, 1872), Quote Page 482, Column 1, Dépot Général de Vente a la Librairie Polo, Paris, France. (HathiTrust Full View) link [/ref]

Plusieurs de mes amis m’engageaient à répondre par le trait célèbre de Burke: « Celui qui n’est pas républicain à vingt ans fait douter de la générosité de son âme; mais celui qui, après trente ans, persévère, fait douter de la rectitude de son esprit. »

Several of my friends urged me to respond with Burke’s famous line: “Anyone who is not a republican at twenty casts doubt on the generosity of his soul; but he who, after thirty years, perseveres, casts doubt on the soundness of his mind.”. -Anselme Polycarpe Batbie

LU in the Hub

Post by LU in the Hub » Tue Sep 19, 2023 10:30 am

Red Blades wrote: Mon Sep 18, 2023 7:34 pm I thought so too - and my point being, I've been called worst things than "ultra-left, Ivy League, pointy head", from both sides of the aisle! Laughing along with you (I think!) at the insanity of all the labeling of "others". :roll: ;)
Good to hear, pointy! :P
George Porgie

Post by George Porgie » Wed Sep 20, 2023 1:22 am

legger wrote: Sat Sep 16, 2023 9:10 am
JoeV wrote: Sat Sep 16, 2023 1:26 am
I reject everything you have presented. You go on and believe the “studies” you found on the internet, unfortunately many do.
And keep on repeating your mantra of “but I brought facts”.

The “facts” presented are from agenda driven liars, and I will never accept or believe anything they or you submit.
**** JoeV: Never look for Truth or Real Logic from any Leftist. "Reality is a place they seldom visit and when they do, they do not remain there for very long." N M is just another over educated leftist Ivy Leaguer, who will only put out Worn Out Liberal Propaganda.

Now can we really get back to wrestling, especially any discussions about the upcoming season? Hopefully Yes.
"manipulating data to influence policy"??????? I find it hard to believe that any politically based organization would do such a thing. Now wrestling; two athletes wrestle and one wins and one loses, no data manipulation there. How refreshing, Now that's what I like to hear about.