Griping

Talk about the champions, or the Top 25 nationally-ranked team!
Oracle

Re: Griping

Post by Oracle » Tue Dec 12, 2023 1:41 pm

DF: you are a tad too sensitive. I’m merely posting my opinion — not even saying you shouldn’t be griping. Just pointing out an opposing view. Why do you take such offense? Maybe that’s a YOU problem?

If you support the program then you’re ok in my book.

lu90

Post by lu90 » Tue Dec 12, 2023 2:12 pm

Oracle wrote: Tue Dec 12, 2023 1:41 pm DF: you are a tad too sensitive. I’m merely posting my opinion — not even saying you shouldn’t be griping. Just pointing out an opposing view. Why do you take such offense? Maybe that’s a YOU problem?

As long as the "programs" or "books" are in hard copy form, most of this forum will be happy.
DF2002

Post by DF2002 » Tue Dec 12, 2023 2:51 pm

Oracle wrote: Tue Dec 12, 2023 1:41 pm DF: you are a tad too sensitive. I’m merely posting my opinion — not even saying you shouldn’t be griping. Just pointing out an opposing view. Why do you take such offense? Maybe that’s a YOU problem?

Of course I support the program. That’s why I buy season tickets and spend my time jousting with you all here. For what it’s worth, even my occasional spats with Denny aren’t personal. I’d buy any of you a beer.

And you’re correct, I am sensitive and not just a tad either. I assume the worst, always. It’s an instinct which I blame on genetics; growing up in part of the country where saying good morning to a stranger is likely to get you a “ehi, eff you pal” response; and spending the first decade of my professional life in a field where “friends” would stick a shiv in your back for a nugget of useful information.

Hence my reaction to “agenda” and “griping”.

I’ll try to be less cynical.

Onward and upward.

Edit: hard not be cynical when stuff like this surrounded you from 22-35.

https://www.nj.com/opinion/2016/06/ill_ ... moran.html
Oracle

Post by Oracle » Tue Dec 12, 2023 4:49 pm

Fair enough. BTW, I get *all* the concern about the program.....much of it is legit. However, my sense is we should not continue to air this out in-season. Regardless of what they say, the staff and wrestlers read this forum. If they don't, shame on them because it's always good to know what the feeling is toward the program. It's pretty easy to tell who's reasonable and who isn't. I don't see any that are like some of the yahoos on the Iowa site. Virtually everyone here has manners.

IMO, this is a young man's game -- coaching wise. Yes, there are several CEO-type head coaches and very successful ones, but wrestling is unique and personal, unlike other sports where older head coaches are the norm. If you are a CEO-type, you need young gun coaches on the mat every day. What Roger has done at UPenn serves as a model. Mark Hall and now Tyler Berger. These guys are relevant and relatable to high school recruits.

But the biggest impediment to Lehigh Wrestling is our University leadership -- IMO. Not the coaches, not NIL, not recruiting. Our AD should not have to be told to emphasize wrestling. Wrestling is the golden key to unlock awareness for the other sports. Anyone looking in from the outside would see that in a skinny instant. Apparently our guy does not see it.

DF -- glad you're on our side!
whiz wit

Post by whiz wit » Tue Dec 12, 2023 5:10 pm

I believe griping is the prerogative of the serious fan. Besides, it's therapeutic.
Red Blades

Post by Red Blades » Wed Dec 13, 2023 11:51 am

1/2NELSON

Post by 1/2NELSON » Wed Dec 13, 2023 12:24 pm

whiz wit wrote: Tue Dec 12, 2023 5:10 pm I believe griping is the prerogative of the serious fan. Besides, it's therapeutic.
Whiz with his WIT, and his WISDOM! :)