Beast of the East

Talk about the champions, or the Top 25 nationally-ranked team!
lu90

Re: Beast of the East

Post by lu90 » Sun Dec 17, 2023 6:18 pm

martinsilvestri wrote: Sun Dec 17, 2023 5:45 pm
LUEngineer wrote: Sun Dec 17, 2023 5:40 pm I don’t see the Heavyweight Lachman beat even ranked by flo?

How did he get #1 seed with Kinney entered?
Yeah, I don't get that either. Neves, Effendian, Dellagatta, and Kinney are all ranked top 20 by Flo and Clatterbough is not. All I see is he is a 2x VA state champ.
He wasn't the 1, he was the 5 seed. If you see anything different you've been Flo'd. And he was ranked 18th last time I checked. Should move up now.

martinsilvestri

Post by martinsilvestri » Sun Dec 17, 2023 6:23 pm

whiz wit wrote: Sun Dec 17, 2023 6:08 pm
martinsilvestri wrote: Sun Dec 17, 2023 5:23 pm Lachman walks out in lehigh shirt and pulls out the win over #1 seed Clatterbaugh 7-2, really impressive performance against a powerful hw to take 3rd.
Didn't someone say .... um ,,,, that he's not D1 material?
I seem to recall that. Certainly wasn't me but people can have their opinions. Lachman is on the small side for a hw but he is improving at an alarming rate now that he's jumped to 285. Not trying to jinx but I could see a viable state title run this year.
martinsilvestri

Post by martinsilvestri » Sun Dec 17, 2023 6:27 pm

lu90 wrote: Sun Dec 17, 2023 6:18 pm
martinsilvestri wrote: Sun Dec 17, 2023 5:45 pm
LUEngineer wrote: Sun Dec 17, 2023 5:40 pm I don’t see the Heavyweight Lachman beat even ranked by flo?

How did he get #1 seed with Kinney entered?
Yeah, I don't get that either. Neves, Effendian, Dellagatta, and Kinney are all ranked top 20 by Flo and Clatterbough is not. All I see is he is a 2x VA state champ.
He wasn't the 1, he was the 5 seed. If you see anything different you've been Flo'd. And he was ranked 18th last time I checked. Should move up now.
Everything I shared was straight from the Trackwrestling bracket. They have Clatterbaugh, Neves, Effendian, Kinney 1-4. Weird but just the messenger.
LUEngineer

Post by LUEngineer » Sun Dec 17, 2023 6:37 pm

Lachman should now get ranked top 15 heavyweight with win over Dellagatta & the unranked #1 seed!!

Glad he switched from Penn & teammate Gaj regrets his Va Tech decision as Lehigh starts putting guys on the podium this year.
FloridaGuy

Post by FloridaGuy » Sun Dec 17, 2023 6:44 pm

>>>>>>For the record: Flo had nothing to do with the seeding or the operation ( scorers tables, etc) of the Beast tournament. Same as Flo does not do the seeding or the operations for the EIWA tourney.

The Beast tourney pre-dates Flo by at least a decade——- my oldest son ( now 45 ) wrestled in the Beast in hs when the tourney was being held in NJ.

You can direct your complaints to the tournament director—— his email is listed on the Beast web page.

The Beast isn’t perfect, but it has attracted an excellent mix of high powered programs/wrestlers in the mid-Atlantic area for decades.

I anticipate Flo ( and other ranking services) will use the Beast results when they update their rankings. Lopes, imo, should certainly move up in the hs rankings.
martinsilvestri

Post by martinsilvestri » Sun Dec 17, 2023 7:20 pm

LUEngineer wrote: Sun Dec 17, 2023 6:37 pm Lachman should now get ranked top 15 heavyweight with win over Dellagatta & the unranked #1 seed!!

Glad he switched from Penn & teammate Gaj regrets his Va Tech decision as Lehigh starts putting guys on the podium this year.
Unranked or not, Mr. #1 seed just beat Effendian prior to losing to Lachman. I definitely expect a couple of these guys including Lachman will get a bump in the rankings after today.

I'm sure glad he switched too. You never know about Gaj. Sure would love to see him with his buddies at Lehigh.
DF2002

Post by DF2002 » Mon Dec 18, 2023 10:30 pm

FloridaGuy wrote: Sun Dec 17, 2023 6:44 pm >>>>>>For the record: Flo had nothing to do with the seeding or the operation ( scorers tables, etc) of the Beast tournament. Same as Flo does not do the seeding or the operations for the EIWA tourney.

The Beast tourney pre-dates Flo by at least a decade——- my oldest son ( now 45 ) wrestled in the Beast in hs when the tourney was being held in NJ.

You can direct your complaints to the tournament director—— his email is listed on the Beast web page.

The Beast isn’t perfect, but it has attracted an excellent mix of high powered programs/wrestlers in the mid-Atlantic area for decades.

I anticipate Flo ( and other ranking services) will use the Beast results when they update their rankings. Lopes, imo, should certainly move up in the hs rankings.
Your continued defense of Flo comes across as oddly personal.
gimpeltf

Post by gimpeltf » Mon Dec 18, 2023 10:41 pm

The Beast was never in NJ. Was at St Mark's for the first couple years- don't think it was called Beast yet. Then Newark HS (They do have a Newark in Delaware- pronounced New Ark- as opposed to Nurk in NJ) then Del State then U Del.
FloridaGuy

Post by FloridaGuy » Mon Dec 18, 2023 11:02 pm

>>>>>>> Flo is far from perfect, and they often deserve criticism——-for instance, I find the brackets on track with the streaming on Flo to be a pain.

But no person or company should be criticized for things they don’t control——- simply my belief in fairness.

If you’ve followed the Beast tourney for decades, as I have, or just looked at their webpage, you know it’s not being run by Flo or Track.

Criticize the Beast’s seeding, format or whatever to your heart’s content, but I’m glad the Beast has been bringing together elite mid-Atlantic hs teams. It isn’t perfect, but it’s one of the top hs tournaments.