Cornell Dual

Talk about the champions, or the Top 25 nationally-ranked team!
HFO

Re: Cornell Dual

Post by HFO » Thu Jan 11, 2024 12:46 am

Lehigh with bookends as best chances for wins. Most of the bouts will be very close. Could lose them all or do enough to get a dual win. I lean it is a 5-5 split, with Cornell with more bonus points.

1/2NELSON

Post by 1/2NELSON » Thu Jan 11, 2024 10:08 am

Local kid, a STATE CHAMP from ND, flips his choice from Cornell to Rutgers.

WTF,..he's in our backyard yet NO mention of Lehigh in his recruitment process! :oops:

https://www.lehighvalleylive.com/highsc ... tgers.html
martinsilvestri

Post by martinsilvestri » Thu Jan 11, 2024 11:36 am

1/2NELSON wrote: Thu Jan 11, 2024 10:08 am Local kid, a STATE CHAMP from ND, flips his choice from Cornell to Rutgers.

WTF,..he's in our backyard yet NO mention of Lehigh in his recruitment process! :oops:

Bummer, gotta wonder if maybe academic though.

Who knows, but it's not the same experience from what I understand, between Cornell/LU and a school like Rutgers. A friend once gave me a tour of rutgers and pointed out the separate building "where the athletes go to class".
FloridaGuy

Post by FloridaGuy » Thu Jan 11, 2024 3:48 pm

>>>>>>Could be for any number of reasons———-from NIL money to liking the Rutgers coaches to wanting to wrestle in the B1G to opportunity to start as a frosh.

Lehigh currently has top ten quality guys at 125 &133 and both have 3 more of eligibility ( if Stanich doesn’t redshirt) plus incoming lightweights Ziegler and Lopes. I don’t think a team can ever have too many lightweights as kids tend to grow, but I can understand a recruit taking a teams current roster into consideration.
lu90

Post by lu90 » Thu Jan 11, 2024 4:26 pm

martinsilvestri wrote: Thu Jan 11, 2024 11:36 am
1/2NELSON wrote: Thu Jan 11, 2024 10:08 am Local kid, a STATE CHAMP from ND, flips his choice from Cornell to Rutgers.

Who knows, but it's not the same experience from what I understand, between Cornell/LU and a school like Rutgers. A friend once gave me a tour of rutgers and pointed out the separate building "where the athletes go to class".
If he can get into Cornell, he can get into Lehigh. Let's not kid ourselves. And Rutgers admission standards aren't that far below Lehigh. LU - 3.85 GPA/1365 SAT average vs RU - 3.73/1300 vs. CU - 4.07/1480 (per PrepScholar). No mention of LU, means he didn't want LU or LU coaches didn't want him.
martinsilvestri

Post by martinsilvestri » Thu Jan 11, 2024 4:33 pm

lu90 wrote: Thu Jan 11, 2024 4:26 pm
martinsilvestri wrote: Thu Jan 11, 2024 11:36 am

If he can get into Cornell, he can get into Lehigh. Let's not kid ourselves. And Rutgers admission standards aren't that far below Lehigh. LU - 3.85 GPA/1365 SAT average vs RU - 3.73/1300 vs. CU - 4.07/1480 (per PrepScholar). No mention of LU, means he didn't want LU or LU coaches didn't want him.
Obviously if he initially got into Cornell he could have gotten into Lehigh, lol. That wasn't the point, something may have changed hence the change of commitment. Keep in mind it was just a commitment.

Normal admission standards for RU and LU may be similar but my point is that Rutgers makes greater concessions for their athletes. Many here bemoan the fact that there are no easy athlete tracks at Lehigh. At Rutgers that's definitely not an issue. None of us have any idea about this kid, obviously. But theoretically that could happen. FL guy's observation about weight class needs is very possible too.
Spladle1989

Post by Spladle1989 » Fri Jan 12, 2024 9:38 am

He was quoted in Lehigh Valley Live article saying he was not clear/fond of the whole "Ivy grey shirt thing"

Makes me wonder if they told him he had to go to Finger Lakes community and up his grades before he would be officially accepted into Cornell, and he didn't like the question if he was already "in" or not......
Spladle1989

Post by Spladle1989 » Fri Jan 12, 2024 9:56 pm

So as I said in the other thread…..

Oracle was right, Baker won’t beat Lawrence in the dual….. the question is who will he wrestle? Mays? Herceg? Davis tries to cut to 174 tomorrow in attempt to qualify the weight?
HFO

Post by HFO » Sat Jan 13, 2024 12:19 am

LUEngineer wrote: Wed Jan 10, 2024 11:56 pm Try our philly Cheesesteak at Hotel B Tap room Out ofvtowners tell us they are the best!!

Looking for feedback from experts. We use prime rib!!!
The preferred cut of connoisseurs of cheesteaks.
Like mine with sauce, provolone, onions, and mushrooms. Like many for NE PA, we eat them with pierogies. Shenandoah, PA is home of the Mrs. T's pierogies. Zandy's and Seward's in Allentown are still my favorites, especially Seward's. My home heath aide is kind enough to once a month make the drive to go get lunch for us.

I'll have to get her to run to Hotel B and bring me one.
whiz wit

Post by whiz wit » Sat Jan 13, 2024 8:25 am

HFO wrote: Sat Jan 13, 2024 12:19 am
LUEngineer wrote: Wed Jan 10, 2024 11:56 pm Try our philly Cheesesteak at Hotel B Tap room Out ofvtowners tell us they are the best!!

Looking for feedback from experts. We use prime rib!!!
The preferred cut of connoisseurs of cheesteaks.
Like mine with sauce, provolone, onions, and mushrooms. Like many for NE PA, we eat them with pierogies. Shenandoah, PA is home of the Mrs. T's pierogies. Zandy's and Seward's in Allentown are still my favorites, especially Seward's. My home heath aide is kind enough to once a month make the drive to go get lunch for us.

I'll have to get her to run to Hotel B and bring me one.
In about 2 1/2 hours I'll be checking out of my hotel and driving to the Allentown Museum, which has some good old master paintings donated by Samuel Kress. Then it's a 5 minute drive south to Zandy's for a Valley style cheesesteak. (Seward's is out of the way to return to LU.) I'm a Philly style man, i.e. just meat, sautéed onions, cheese and roll, but figured I'd give the gilded lily style steak a try. Then on to the Cornell match.