Over-Coaching?

Talk about the champions, or the Top 25 nationally-ranked team!
gimpeltf
Posts: 1738
Joined: Fri Oct 25, 2019 12:53 pm
Contact:

Re: Over-Coaching?

Post by gimpeltf » Thu Apr 18, 2024 4:04 pm

Image


martinsilvestri
Posts: 651
Joined: Sun Apr 30, 2023 12:35 am
Contact:

Re: Over-Coaching?

Post by martinsilvestri » Thu Apr 18, 2024 4:22 pm

Wow! Leads the poison ivy exodus from the EIWA and then immediately runs - what's that all about?
whiz wit
Posts: 2019
Joined: Fri Oct 25, 2019 12:53 pm
Contact:

Re: Over-Coaching?

Post by whiz wit » Thu Apr 18, 2024 5:06 pm

martinsilvestri wrote: Thu Apr 18, 2024 4:22 pm Wow! Leads the poison ivy exodus from the EIWA and then immediately runs - what's that all about?
Do we know for a fact that he was the Leader of the Pack? I thought I saw elsewhere on this site that Ayres was the heavy. If so, maybe it didn't go over well.
martinsilvestri
Posts: 651
Joined: Sun Apr 30, 2023 12:35 am
Contact:

Re: Over-Coaching?

Post by martinsilvestri » Thu Apr 18, 2024 5:33 pm

Rumor was that this guy and Ayres were the two main coaches in favor of leaving the EIWA. Who both have now, interestingly enough, left their teams behind anyway.
Spladle1989
Posts: 2742
Joined: Thu Oct 24, 2019 5:41 pm
Contact:

Re: Over-Coaching?

Post by Spladle1989 » Thu Apr 18, 2024 5:59 pm

Rumor is Tanelli to VaTech as associate head coach……but UB job open also, but that’s a crap situation, doubt he takes that….
LUEngineer
Posts: 671
Joined: Fri Nov 22, 2019 1:20 pm
Contact:

Re: Over-Coaching?

Post by LUEngineer » Thu Apr 18, 2024 11:18 pm

Tanelli was definitely the leader of the exit from EIWA & Ayres strongly endorsed it. That is a confirmed fact.

Penn coach also gone. So perhaps Gray from Cornell could lead the charge to revisit this decision? My understanding is that Cornell fans not happy about leaving?
gimpeltf
Posts: 1738
Joined: Fri Oct 25, 2019 12:53 pm
Contact:

Re: Over-Coaching?

Post by gimpeltf » Fri Apr 19, 2024 4:11 am

LUEngineer wrote: Thu Apr 18, 2024 11:18 pm Tanelli was definitely the leader of the exit from EIWA & Ayres strongly endorsed it. That is a confirmed fact.

Penn coach also gone. So perhaps Gray from Cornell could lead the charge to revisit this decision? My understanding is that Cornell fans not happy about leaving?
Valenti doesn't take over for another year.
jdalu75
Posts: 2083
Joined: Fri Oct 25, 2019 8:33 pm
Contact:

Re: Over-Coaching?

Post by jdalu75 » Sat Apr 20, 2024 7:44 pm

gimpeltf wrote: Fri Apr 19, 2024 4:11 am
LUEngineer wrote: Thu Apr 18, 2024 11:18 pm Tanelli was definitely the leader of the exit from EIWA & Ayres strongly endorsed it. That is a confirmed fact.

Penn coach also gone. So perhaps Gray from Cornell could lead the charge to revisit this decision? My understanding is that Cornell fans not happy about leaving?
Valenti doesn't take over for another year.
So .... Roger's going .. going .... gone?
7,060,347
HFO
Posts: 1053
Joined: Fri Oct 25, 2019 6:49 pm
Contact:

Re: Over-Coaching?

Post by HFO » Sun Apr 21, 2024 8:16 pm

It is a whole new Ivy League. New coaches, new tournament. They got the ball and they aren't sharing. I hope it all works out for them or possibly, just their Champion goes to NCAA.

I say EIWA holds it place as a Top 3 conference. Lehigh will dominate for now, but #2 through #5 will up their game and EIWA will eventually land some other teams, if not for 1-3 years for transition.
Spladle1989
Posts: 2742
Joined: Thu Oct 24, 2019 5:41 pm
Contact:

Re: Over-Coaching?

Post by Spladle1989 » Tue Apr 23, 2024 9:34 am

Announcement has been made on Va Tech social media, Tanelli to Va Tech as Associate Head Coach....
Post Reply

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Bing [Bot], Google [Bot] and 42 guests