North Carolina Dual

Talk about the champions, or the Top 25 nationally-ranked team!
TMH

Re: North Carolina Dual

Post by TMH » Mon Feb 08, 2021 4:16 pm

"There was one thing I noticed on SEN coverage: a Lehigh wrestler lost and is bee-boppin in his chair to music. That's a bad look. Reminds me of the scene where Brad Pitt erupts in the locker room after an A's loss in Moneyball: "that's what losing sounds like (quiet)"
[/quote]

Again, I say, Mark Lieberman's interview in SI should be required reading in learning how to approach becoming a National Champ mentally and as he says in the article...wrestling is 10% physical, 10% preparation and 80% mental.

Spladle1989

Re: North Carolina Dual

Post by Spladle1989 » Mon Feb 08, 2021 5:11 pm

BTW, how come nobody has mentioned that Rider had two weeks to get ready for us, while we had 18 hours to get ready for them after two big duals the day before?
[/quote]

Man JDA you had me till this.....Rider without their best wrestler (Dellavecchia).... Rider who lost to Binghamton with their best wrestler (Dellavecchia) getting 6 point win by fall and still losing to Binghamton 27-20.......It was a bad loss, let's not pretend it wasn't......149-184 is a real concern, a lot of the losses at those weights aren't to exactly top tier wrestlers over the course of the last few duels.....sure our guys are freshman/redshirt freshman, but a lot of the losses have been to less heralded versions of freshman and sophomores on the other teams or guys who have losing career records or .500 career records as upperclassman....

We have looked smaller and less athletic even against other teams freshman and sophomores not just against other teams upperclassman.......it's a tough year for everyone sure, including the other teams..... some of our young guys who we were hoping would be studs are looking hopelessly lost and that is a concern.....

And by the way Ben Sullivan got manhandled by Binghamton's 184 lber turned kinda heavyweight Corey Day 10-2 .........the same Corey Day that Jordan Wood made mincemeat out of......Ben Sullivan apparently not the Ben Sullivan of old.....