LU v Rider

Talk about the champions, or the Top 25 nationally-ranked team!
HFO

Re: LU v Rider

Post by HFO » Sun Feb 07, 2021 3:14 pm

As we say in pheasant hunting, there is no hunt in some dogs. Lehigh has a soft team. Coach needs a morale booster like a 50 mile forced march with a full pack. Weed out the real from the pretenders.

Wood, 5 years, still overweight, unconditioned and no improvement in flexibility. There are now at least 10 in NCAA or Senior level who can beat him because he can't go an entire match.

The weekend was pitiful and that is on coaches not having this team prepared. Iowa and Okie State aren't using this as a rest year. Lehigh running piss poor from Simon on down. Time to get rid of Stretch and a host of others in a bloated lazy administration.

The call was a figure 4 lock on knee joint. It was valid by rule.

mookie

Post by mookie » Sun Feb 07, 2021 3:31 pm

Too many non-athletes. Lousy recruiting on display.
Spladle1989

Post by Spladle1989 » Sun Feb 07, 2021 3:40 pm

Wood is the last guy i’d be picking out to dive into right now...

So correct me if i’m wrong Paetzell needs minimum of 4 matches just to wrestle in NCAA’s.... I assume that includes EIWA’s not just regular season?
BP-LU87

Post by BP-LU87 » Sun Feb 07, 2021 4:02 pm

I think he needs four for NCAAs but that would include any at EIWAs. Hope he got an extra one at Rider today and gets one at the Bucknell match. That would be 3 plus a guaranteed one at EIWAs. That’s assuming he wins the spot at 141 or 133. If you don’t have 4 you need to win your conference tourney to go to NCAAs
ikeremix

Post by ikeremix » Sun Feb 07, 2021 4:47 pm

HFO wrote: Sun Feb 07, 2021 3:14 pm As we say in pheasant hunting, there is no hunt in some dogs. Lehigh has a soft team. Coach needs a morale booster like a 50 mile forced march with a full pack. Weed out the real from the pretenders.

Wood, 5 years, still overweight, unconditioned and no improvement in flexibility. There are now at least 10 in NCAA or Senior level who can beat him because he can't go an entire match.

The weekend was pitiful and that is on coaches not having this team prepared. Iowa and Okie State aren't using this as a rest year. Lehigh running piss poor from Simon on down. Time to get rid of Stretch and a host of others in a bloated lazy administration.

The call was a figure 4 lock on knee joint. It was valid by rule.
Wholeheartedly disagree on Wood, guys a 3x EIWA champ and AA. Guys a stud for LU since arriving on campus. He had a tough one today that I’m sure he’d like back and one that he wins in March.

And not sure why we’re l comparing ourselves to Iowa and Oklahoma St?!

But I will agree the team was frustrating today and this year. They lack that extra fight, at least right now. And no argument about the administration at LU it’s been going downhill for a while and only seems to get worse.

Pat has brought us back to back to back EIWA titles when people were wondering if we’d ever beat Cornell again and with people calling for his head. So in Pat I Trust, and as bad as this sounds I’m giving everyone a “pass” this year. I’m kicking my feet up and just enjoying the fact we actually have wrestling this year.
gimpeltf

Post by gimpeltf » Sun Feb 07, 2021 4:52 pm

Going to try to answer a few posts here without quoting (don't want to tick Spladle off again! :D )

First, Hangey told me that if they had left a few minutes later they might have gotten canceled snow-wise. He got a call part way here and talked them out of it.

The team point against Rider was against the kid. We were told it was a coach encroaching the circle in celebration but the kid swore at the end for some reason. Something about telling the other kids to get the f off the mat. I didn't know there was one out there! Maybe somewhere in the fine print!

Were the TV guys saying figure 4? It was that JW grabbed the head and must have locked without a shoulder included or at least it popped out. I was guessing that but Pat confirmed later.

Found out today that for conferences finishing before the last weekend (like EIWA this year) it is possible to get another match or so the week after. The reason EIWAs went early was to help ensure quarantine time if needed.
whiz wit

Post by whiz wit » Sun Feb 07, 2021 5:05 pm

Well, I hinted above that LU might be better off if Rider cancelled. Losing to Rider with a pin from Lane?
Good thing Cornell isn't wrestling this season. LU might win one match against them. Sacred Heart still has an open date next Saturday. Maybe the team can pick up a win against them.
lu_alum

Post by lu_alum » Sun Feb 07, 2021 7:07 pm

BP-LU87 wrote: Sun Feb 07, 2021 4:02 pm I think he needs four for NCAAs but that would include any at EIWAs. Hope he got an extra one at Rider today and gets one at the Bucknell match. That would be 3 plus a guaranteed one at EIWAs. That’s assuming he wins the spot at 141 or 133. If you don’t have 4 you need to win your conference tourney to go to NCAAs
Includes EIWA, but the bout count must be at the weight you’re competing at NCAA.
gimpeltf

Post by gimpeltf » Sun Feb 07, 2021 8:45 pm

Not sure if anyone posted but here are the post-match notes. Includes the extras.

https://lehighsports.com/news/2021/2/7/ ... rider.aspx
jdalu75

Post by jdalu75 » Sun Feb 07, 2021 9:42 pm

HFO wrote: Sun Feb 07, 2021 3:14 pm As we say in pheasant hunting
As I recall, the pheasants don't shoot back.