Cornell as a location for EIWA’s

Talk about the champions, or the Top 25 nationally-ranked team!
JAD77

Cornell as a location for EIWA’s

Post by JAD77 » Sat Mar 05, 2022 9:29 pm

First day impressions- it sucks.
1) seats only on 1 side, so mats 3,4 and 5 are 100 yards away. And mat 5 is almost impossible to see from the Lehigh section.
2) No bracket sheets at all?!?! WTF?!?! Makes it almost impossible to follow. All the Cornell people tell you they’re online. No kidding, with a $130 per year Flo subscription. And even then, try looking at brackets on your phone. Can only see part of a weight at a time, it takes too long to scroll between weights, and your phone’s battery runs out 2/3rds of the way through the day, because guess what, no charging stations.
3) No concessions for food. Zero. Zilch . Can’t even get a godd*mned bottle of water.

Should have stayed home. Never, ever, going there again.

ngineer

Re: Cornell as a location for EIWA’s

Post by ngineer » Sat Mar 05, 2022 9:38 pm

Missing my first easterns (other than Covid impacted) in 25 years due to ailing wife. Glad I got Flo. Overall, it sounds like viewing on the laptop is better than being there. Other than a few 'stop action' type moments, the stream has been pretty good and good picture clarity. Logan match and non-call by ref still frosts me.
gimpeltf

Post by gimpeltf » Sat Mar 05, 2022 9:52 pm

The tournament part of Flo has always been free. Brackets, team scores, and the tiles.
JAD77

Post by JAD77 » Sat Mar 05, 2022 10:25 pm

gimpeltf wrote: Sat Mar 05, 2022 9:52 pm The tournament part of Flo has always been free. Brackets, team scores, and the tiles.
IGimp - I’m sitting in the first row probably 30 feet from where you are. Still absolutely sucks not having bout sheets. Using your phone is no comparison. This better not become the norm. And no concessions? They could at least sell water!!
And by the way, that Bucknell kid that had to wait 30 minutes for the protests to be decided was robbed. ;)
gimpeltf

Post by gimpeltf » Sun Mar 06, 2022 1:12 am

JAD77 wrote: Sat Mar 05, 2022 10:25 pm
gimpeltf wrote: Sat Mar 05, 2022 9:52 pm The tournament part of Flo has always been free. Brackets, team scores, and the tiles.
IGimp - I’m sitting in the first row probably 30 feet from where you are. Still absolutely sucks not having bout sheets. Using your phone is no comparison. This better not become the norm. And no concessions? They could at least sell water!!
And by the way, that Bucknell kid that had to wait 30 minutes for the protests to be decided was robbed. ;)
Better get used to this. It is the norm. And your previous concern was the cost.
My understanding is they can't sell anything. I won't go further on that but I believe it's because it's at a college in ny.

Depend what you mean by robbed. Likely the brick was somewhat late, but the irony of that is that house challenge was even later. And from what I could see the American kid may have had a TD twice in the scramble before the brick. So he got robbed first.
Richb-3

Post by Richb-3 » Sun Mar 06, 2022 8:22 am

The 3 Mats need to be on the stands side, the two on the other side. The head table angled in the location where mat 5 is. score tables for mats 1, 3, 4, and 5 in the two distant corners. the score table can fit between 4 -5. There is a lot of room on the floor. basically from the spectators point of view everything in an M shape works better than a W Shape. Using a U formation, with the head table and and all the score tables are where Mat 4 is works. I have seen that in a few places.
legger

Post by legger » Sun Mar 06, 2022 9:04 am

**** Asked this previously on another link: Is there a print friendly version of the brackets anywhere? No one responded then. Trying to print the Flo Brackets is impossible. You would think in a high tech world, that they would be available somewhere. Any answers would be heartily appreciated.
jdalu75

Post by jdalu75 » Sun Mar 06, 2022 9:44 am

Unfortunately not being able to print the brackets is becoming the norm. I used to download pdf's of every tourney a Lehigh guy went to; then for every tourney an EIWA went to. I'd end the year with 20 pdf's. I think I have five for this season. Not to worry, though. Flo will keep them available for a couple of years.
Richb-3

Post by Richb-3 » Sun Mar 06, 2022 10:14 am

They need to bring a sound engineer from Syracuse. Sound is terrible
Richb-3

Post by Richb-3 » Sun Mar 06, 2022 1:49 pm

Gotta say, when Odysseus laid out the streets of Ithaca, he did a good job. Except for the width an no maintenance in 3300 years