Navy Dual

Talk about the champions, or the Top 25 nationally-ranked team!
FloridaGuy

Re: Navy Dual

Post by FloridaGuy » Sun Jan 22, 2023 10:27 am

>>>>>>>>>Bryant’s been out for a while so give him some time to work on conditioning. Bryant vs Cerniglia would have been a fun matchup.

Agree some guys need to improve on escaping from bottom———- and agree coaches/wrestlers can make better choices. Logan is better in neutral———so choose neutral.

165 is problematic and I also wish Thayne could make the cut and try his hand there,

Would like to see Crookham get some matches at 133 until McGonagle returns.

Still early, but Tate and Hines are capable of running the EIWA table ( with cu inj at 184) and gaining top EIWA seeds along with Beard and Humphries ( McGonagle 2nd seed to Vito)

Unlike the doom and gloom brigade, I see Lehigh getting healthier, having a winning dual meet season and an EIWA second.

drd5748

Post by drd5748 » Sun Jan 22, 2023 10:59 am

>>>Our inability to get out from bottom this weekend was disturbing to say the least. These full/majority of periods of being ridden out after us choosing down just simply cannot happen. Don’t know if it’s scouting inaccuracies or just bad execution, and was slightly better against navy, but it needs fixed.

... Yes, needs to be fixed - by some guy working harder to get out (Gerry Leeman: "you can't win if you can't get out"). Strobel was our all-time 'leader' forcing everyone to choose bottom, every time, sometimes allowing a senior choice; all 13 years w/out fail.
Pat lets someone choose neutral virtually every dual, sometimes a couple of weights, or three. But nobody comments on that fact; it's easier to obsess over 1 guy's failure. Several of us have all scoresheets.
Oracle

Post by Oracle » Sun Jan 22, 2023 11:33 am

FloridaGuy wrote: Sun Jan 22, 2023 10:27 am >>>>>>>>>Bryant’s been out for a while so give him some time to work on conditioning. Bryant vs Cerniglia would have been a fun matchup.

Agree some guys need to improve on escaping from bottom———- and agree coaches/wrestlers can make better choices. Logan is better in neutral———so choose neutral.

165 is problematic and I also wish Thayne could make the cut and try his hand there,

Would like to see Crookham get some matches at 133 until McGonagle returns.

Still early, but Tate and Hines are capable of running the EIWA table ( with cu inj at 184) and gaining top EIWA seeds along with Beard and Humphries ( McGonagle 2nd seed to Vito)

Unlike the doom and gloom brigade, I see Lehigh getting healthier, having a winning dual meet season and an EIWA second.
>>>>>>>>Jonathan Loew returned at 184 and had 2 WBF.
Oracle

Post by Oracle » Sun Jan 22, 2023 11:38 am

Calling bull$hit.

This weekend was a disaster in terms of being ridden on bottom. This is Lehigh, no excuses. If you cannot escape on bottom, you either figure out how to get better or take neutral - or bench yourself.

There is no need for an explanation. IMO.
FloridaGuy

Post by FloridaGuy » Sun Jan 22, 2023 11:56 am

>>>>>>>>Bench yourself?????

I don’t believe we’ll ever hear this conversation in a Wrestling room:

Wrestler to coach: I’m having trouble escaping, please take me out of the lineup.

More likely ——— both coach and wrestler know they have to work on escaping in practice.
Oracle

Post by Oracle » Sun Jan 22, 2023 12:42 pm

Wasn’t meant to be taken literally. Sorry if I gave that impression.
FloridaGuy

Post by FloridaGuy » Sun Jan 22, 2023 12:59 pm

Nor was my response in a serious vein.
drd5748

Post by drd5748 » Sun Jan 22, 2023 3:35 pm

>>This weekend was a disaster in terms of being ridden on bottom. This is Lehigh, no excuses. If you cannot escape on bottom, you either figure out how to get better or take neutral - or bench yourself.

... You done with the steak? We had 3x the subs that Penn & Navy did but we had r.t. in 4 bouts to 2 for Navy
... And Watkins (battle of the subs!) came within 0:03 of winning on r.time which would have finished 4 bouts ea w/riding time vs Penn

We don't like the facts but we have no vote; you'll reply that you know that, but it doesn't matter what either 1 of us thinks. All just pissing and moaning vs accepting reality, which Meyer recently had to do.
Richb-3

Post by Richb-3 » Sun Jan 22, 2023 3:55 pm

One athlete was famous for asking to be benched. They named a disease after him.
Last edited by Richb-3 on Sun Jan 22, 2023 5:09 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Mountain Hawk

Post by Mountain Hawk » Sun Jan 22, 2023 4:06 pm

drd5748 wrote: Sun Jan 22, 2023 3:35 pm >>This weekend was a disaster in terms of being ridden on bottom. This is Lehigh, no excuses. If you cannot escape on bottom, you either figure out how to get better or take neutral - or bench yourself.

... You done with the steak? We had 3x the subs that Penn & Navy did but we had r.t. in 4 bouts to 2 for Navy
... And Watkins (battle of the subs!) came within 0:03 of winning on r.time which would have finished 4 bouts ea w/riding time vs Penn

We don't like the facts but we have no vote; you'll reply that you know that, but it doesn't matter what either 1 of us thinks. All just pissing and moaning vs accepting reality, which Meyer recently had to do.
It is possible to both accept reality and not be happy about it