Looking toward the NCAAs

Talk about the champions, or the Top 25 nationally-ranked team!
Oracle

Re: Looking toward the NCAAs

Post by Oracle » Tue Feb 07, 2023 9:52 am

After watching the Ramirez-Monday bout, it was well-wrestled with both guys getting after it. Monday got to Ramirez's legs very easily but finishing was another matter. JR has a real good re-shot. IMO, Ramirez deserved to win this one. No clue about EIWAs, but Ramirez more comfortable at 165 so he has to rate the edge in rematch.

NothingMeaningful

Post by NothingMeaningful » Tue Feb 07, 2023 9:56 am

Richb-3 wrote: Tue Feb 07, 2023 8:57 am Monday Sr.

Maybe you missed, Maybe I missed it. Maybe I saw it and forgot. Kenny Monday is the Wrestling Coach at Morgan St. Their web site just shows Wrestling as a varsity sport, but shows, no schedule, no roster, no coach. I assume they signed Kenny a year early to recruit and build, like Wirnsberger at Bucknell. Looking at their football and Bball schedule, they appear to be transforming from D2 to D1-FCS.

I would guess they would go Southern for Wrestling

Back to NCAA this year
Former Cornell recruit Kingsley Menifee re-committed to Morgan State. Monday made him an offer he couldn't (and didn't) refuse.
Oracle

Post by Oracle » Tue Feb 07, 2023 10:00 am

Menifee is from Virginia, so it makes sense. IMO, he's better off at Morgan State talent wise. He's D1 but maybe not Cornell D1. Still...he's a pretty decent recruit for coach M and a good way to start off.
mookie

Post by mookie » Tue Feb 07, 2023 10:05 am

After watching the Ramirez-Monday bout, it was well-wrestled with both guys getting after it. Monday got to Ramirez's legs very easily but finishing was another matter. JR has a real good re-shot. IMO, Ramirez deserved to win this one. No clue about EIWAs, but Ramirez more comfortable at 165 so he has to rate the edge in rematch.

And there you have it; the Oracle of Vermont has spoken.
Oracle

Post by Oracle » Tue Feb 07, 2023 10:15 am

wise a$$ ;)