Animal Show/NCAA's-Session 2...

Talk about the champions, or the Top 25 nationally-ranked team!
ScrambleMan

Re: Animal Show/NCAA's-Session 2...

Post by ScrambleMan » Thu Mar 16, 2023 10:41 pm

Great rebound by Nate there to get to day 2, dominant MD with over 4:30 RT, hope he keeps that momentum for tomorrow.

6-4 for the Hawks on the day and everyone will wrestle tomorrow. Not exactly what we wanted through day 1, but it could be worse and there’s a lot of wrestling to come.

LUEngineer

Post by LUEngineer » Thu Mar 16, 2023 11:07 pm

Beard is a mystery as to why some matches & not others?

Josh is the man poised to win 2 bouts to represent us in finals!!
legger

Post by legger » Thu Mar 16, 2023 11:47 pm

**** LU Eng: From your fingertips to Gods eyes/ears.
Oracle

Post by Oracle » Fri Mar 17, 2023 8:04 am

Looking over the field, every team had disappointing results, even Penn State and Iowa. Cornell lost Ramirez which was totally unexpected. The loss by Beard was troubling for obvious reasons, really not so much due to the opponent.

Humphreys had a guy who was a bad match up for him and he won. His strength won that bout. How he fought off so many deep shots is mystifying. But he did. Great effort. Next he has a guy built more like him and a better match up. Franek May come closest to matching Josh’s horsepower. I like our guy to move on. Neutral, first TD, is critical here. Humphreys needs to score to force Franek to take bottom.

The other 3 have the fun time wrestling back where sometimes guys get hot and get on a roll. Let’s hope so. The backside is not where you play it safe.

This tournament is ridiculously deep. IMO, again, the most exciting wrestling tournament on earth.
Spladle1989

Post by Spladle1989 » Fri Mar 17, 2023 8:49 am

Oracle wrote: Fri Mar 17, 2023 8:04 am
Humphreys had a guy who was a bad match up for him and he won. His strength won that bout. How he fought off so many deep shots is mystifying. But he did. Great effort. Next he has a guy built more like him and a better match up. Franek May come closest to matching Josh’s horsepower. I like our guy to move on. Neutral, first TD, is critical here. Humphreys needs to score to force Franek to take bottom.
Interesting, I thought Coleman was a good match up for him, wrestles a lot like Monday who Josh has had success against in the past.....the guys he's lost to are guys like O'Conner and Ryan Deakin who are great wrestlers and also can match his power but aren't necessarily the quickest or slickest.....Honestly don't remember watching Franek wrestle live, but the videos I've watched do make him seem like the type Josh will have a war on his hands with.......
lu_alum

Post by lu_alum » Fri Mar 17, 2023 8:54 am

Oracle wrote: Fri Mar 17, 2023 8:04 am The other 3 have the fun time wrestling back where sometimes guys get hot and get on a roll. Let’s hope so. The backside is not where you play it safe.
Is one of our four guys still alive in the consolation bracket not competing?
Oracle

Post by Oracle » Fri Mar 17, 2023 9:34 am

Typo --- 4 in back side brackets.
NothingMeaningful

Post by NothingMeaningful » Fri Mar 17, 2023 10:26 am

drd5748 wrote: Thu Mar 16, 2023 8:50 pm Rewarding WHICH aggressor ? Josh made 1 shot in the 2nd and spent the entire rest of the bout defending the 4-5 shots that Coleman fired off. Hey, whatever floats Josh's boat, but the poster who wrote last week that he was glad to see Hump go back to his regular single leg must have dreamt it. I'll of course celebrate the heart stopper, gladly.
IIRC, that makes one attempt by Humphreys in his two matches so far.
Spladle1989

Post by Spladle1989 » Fri Mar 17, 2023 10:45 am

NothingMeaningful wrote: Fri Mar 17, 2023 10:26 am
IIRC, that makes one attempt by Humphreys in his two matches so far.

I know you struggle with wrestling knowledge, but you do realize there is a reason for that right?
Oracle

Post by Oracle » Fri Mar 17, 2023 11:06 am

Spladle1989 wrote: Fri Mar 17, 2023 8:49 am
Oracle wrote: Fri Mar 17, 2023 8:04 am
Interesting, I thought Coleman was a good match up for him, wrestles a lot like Monday who Josh has had success against in the past.....the guys he's lost to are guys like O'Conner and Ryan Deakin who are great wrestlers and also can match his power but aren't necessarily the quickest or slickest.....Honestly don't remember watching Franek wrestle live, but the videos I've watched do make him seem like the type Josh will have a war on his hands with.......

>>>>> The reason I say it was a bad match-up was proven by Coleman's repeated leg attacks -- he was too quick for Josh. Looks like Josh cannot extend, that's why he's not pushing the action from neutral. The extent of his injury is unknown but we can now see it does inhibit him shooting. Coleman was long and quick = bad match-up given where Humphreys is at right now.