Common Theme

Talk about the champions, or the Top 25 nationally-ranked team!
Oracle

Common Theme

Post by Oracle » Mon Mar 20, 2023 8:51 am

Watching interviews with semi-finals winners and champions at the NCAA and there is a common theme: high praise for the support team behind the athlete --- to a man, including Yianni.

The humility shown is impressive.

I agree with those who advocate psychological advice --- not saying LU doesn't already have this (no idea if they do or don't) -- clearly the athletes believe it is a difference maker. Matt Ramos saying he "spoke his win into existence" is classic self realization. Works in sports, business, relationships and family dynamics.

The NCAAs lived up to the hype and is truly, IMO, the best wrestling event in the world, and among the best sporting events period. Having President Trump there to congratulate winners and take photos with fans was an unexpected bonus. Pat Glory, in particular, was enthusiastic when being greeted by 45.

NothingMeaningful

Re: Common Theme

Post by NothingMeaningful » Mon Mar 20, 2023 9:54 am

Oracle wrote: Mon Mar 20, 2023 8:51 am Watching interviews with semi-finals winners and champions at the NCAA and there is a common theme: high praise for the support team behind the athlete --- to a man, including Yianni.

I agree with those who advocate psychological advice --- not saying LU doesn't already have this (no idea if they do or don't) -- clearly the athletes believe it is a difference maker. Matt Ramos saying he "spoke his win into existence" is classic self realization. Works in sports, business, relationships and family dynamics.

The NCAAs lived up to the hype and is truly, IMO, the best wrestling event in the world, and among the best sporting events period. Having President Trump there to congratulate winners and take photos with fans was an unexpected bonus. Pat Glory, in particular, was enthusiastic when being greeted by 45.
Unless you consider Jesus to be a "support team," Brooks' interview right off the mat didn't do that. He did insult nearly two billion people, though. Not much humility there.
Oracle

Post by Oracle » Mon Mar 20, 2023 10:09 am

Right on cue you go after a guy's personal beliefs. And yes, I do consider Jesus a 'support team' as many in the wrestling community do. Alas, this isn't about religion but by deflecting his accomplishments to his trust in a higher power demonstrates humility IMO.

I wouldn't have commented on another belief system so your take on that is valid .... but I didn't just win my 3rd title when emotions were sky high. Remember, he's 22 years old.
whiz wit

Post by whiz wit » Mon Mar 20, 2023 10:25 am

Oracle wrote: Mon Mar 20, 2023 8:51 am Watching interviews with semi-finals winners and champions at the NCAA and there is a common theme: high praise for the support team behind the athlete --- to a man, including Yianni.

Trump's a long time wrestling fan. I believe the Orangeman wrestled for Syracuse.
mookie

Post by mookie » Mon Mar 20, 2023 10:29 am

322 lbs., he loves the heavies. He was a tremendous high school wrestler, in fact, people are saying he could have been a national champ if he wanted to.
Red Blades

Post by Red Blades » Mon Mar 20, 2023 10:50 am

mookie wrote: Mon Mar 20, 2023 10:29 am 322 lbs., he loves the heavies. He was a tremendous high school wrestler, in fact, people are saying he could have been a national champ if he wanted to.
I read that he and Jim Jordan were workout partners.
JAD77

Post by JAD77 » Mon Mar 20, 2023 11:44 am

mookie wrote: Mon Mar 20, 2023 10:29 am 322 lbs., he loves the heavies. He was a tremendous high school wrestler, in fact, people are saying he could have been a national champ if he wanted to.
:lol: :lol: Mookie again with the winner!!

I’m sorry, but the “pilgrimage” over to shake hands with the ex-President was a totally uncalled for intrusion. Reminded me of something else I also experienced first hand - everyone kissing the ring of another “Don”.
Toast

Post by Toast » Mon Mar 20, 2023 11:53 am

Many people are saying that Trump will be criminally charged this week. That much I can tell you. Big charges. Beautiful charges! The best! A record!
DavidKla

Post by DavidKla » Mon Mar 20, 2023 12:18 pm

Toast wrote: Mon Mar 20, 2023 11:53 am Many people are saying that Trump will be criminally charged this week. That much I can tell you. Big charges. Beautiful charges! The best! A record!
Including Trump himself.
DavidKla

Post by DavidKla » Mon Mar 20, 2023 12:25 pm

JAD77 wrote: Mon Mar 20, 2023 11:44 am
:lol: :lol: Mookie again with the winner!!

I’m sorry, but the “pilgrimage” over to shake hands with the ex-President was a totally uncalled for intrusion. Reminded me of something else I also experienced first hand - everyone kissing the ring of another “Don”.
And another sign of Russian collusion.

On another note, did anybody pick up on Quint asking if N. Colorado hurt their challenge case by asking for 4 back points instead of 3 in the Alirez/Woods match? Burroughs and Gibbons quickly slid by that.