LU Business School

Talk about the champions, or the Top 25 nationally-ranked team!
NothingMeaningful

Re: LU Business School

Post by NothingMeaningful » Sat Mar 25, 2023 3:35 pm

Mountain Hawk wrote: Sat Mar 25, 2023 1:23 pm
NothingMeaningful wrote: Sat Mar 25, 2023 1:19 pm It's not an obscure quote to those who follow history. "America First" wasn't randomly picked as a tag line: it represents exactly what that quote says.
1) That's your opinion and you're welcome to it.
2) You think that's what Oracle meant? Really?
3) Better order more kool-aid because the way you guzzling it you prob gonna run out soon.
People who reference "America First" and "wokeness" are speaking volumes about themselves.

Anyone who thinks that *any* of our foreign policies do not already have our own best interests first and foremost doesn't understand how foreign policies work. "America First" is a dog whistle for isolationism, nationalism, and anti-immigration policies. All of which are *detrimental* to our country.

Mountain Hawk

Post by Mountain Hawk » Sat Mar 25, 2023 4:01 pm

NothingMeaningful wrote: Sat Mar 25, 2023 3:35 pm
Mountain Hawk wrote: Sat Mar 25, 2023 1:23 pm
NothingMeaningful wrote: Sat Mar 25, 2023 1:19 pm It's not an obscure quote to those who follow history. "America First" wasn't randomly picked as a tag line: it represents exactly what that quote says.
1) That's your opinion and you're welcome to it.
2) You think that's what Oracle meant? Really?
3) Better order more kool-aid because the way you guzzling it you prob gonna run out soon.
People who reference "America First" and "wokeness" are speaking volumes about themselves.

Anyone who thinks that *any* of our foreign policies do not already have our own best interests first and foremost doesn't understand how foreign policies work. "America First" is a dog whistle for isolationism, nationalism, and anti-immigration policies. All of which are *detrimental* to our country.
Dr., the patient seems to be suffering from an extreme case of TDS. Get well soon.
Asa Packer

Post by Asa Packer » Sat Mar 25, 2023 4:06 pm

The left termed the phrase "woke" to describe the cool kids that understood systemic racism, ACAB, LGBTQIA++, BIPOC, AAPI, gender fluidity, and the like. Now they'd like to bury the term. I'm ok, as long as we bury "dog whistle" as well. Not everything is offensive, snowflake.
legger

Post by legger » Sat Mar 25, 2023 6:47 pm

**** The Know Nothing screen name says it all. Many people are finally waking up from the Leftist Garbage that we have been force fed over the last 5+ years.
LUEngineer

Post by LUEngineer » Sat Mar 25, 2023 10:08 pm

i wonder if people our ages from other Universities feel that their school has abandoned them as much as Lehigh people feel?

Perhaps Lehigh has changed more than most schools because it was such a unique school back in 50’s to 70’s but is no longer so in its desire to transform itself over the past 30 years.

Obviously conversion to coed combined with elimination of Saturday classes, the pressure to soften the curriculum, & concerted push of faculty to grade inflation from 2.2 all university avg cum to 3.4 today!!

Explosion of administrative positions to coddle current students has displaced rugged individualism. Sharing study rooms & cold dorms have been replaced by single occupancy room expectations.

Very few colleges were as academically demanding as Lehigh during our era. Hence the dramatic change we have seen vs other schools that were always coed liberal arts colleges or state universities.

Just a thought for why we are generally so negative toward the place that we all once cherished favorably.
ngineer

Post by ngineer » Sat Mar 25, 2023 10:34 pm

A lot of people who pine for the days that Lehigh was all male and 99% white are down on the school for starting to look like America. Lehigh of the 1950's was virtually a small, regional technical school for engineers, with a business college and arts & science colleges tagging along to use the name "university".
As is seen with the dialogue amongst the alums, and across the country, "change is scary" to a lot of people.
Let's "Make Lehigh Great Again", seems to be the mantra.
When our caste system was institutionalized roughly 230+ years ago and carried through for almost 180 years, it has been difficult for those who benefitted from the institutions to let go of the grip of racism and sexism. When I came to Lehigh over 50 years ago racist comments were frequently heard, as there were very few minorities on campus; hence, the feeling no one would be offended. The first classes of women who entered did not have it easy, either. It takes time to 'catch up' after awakening from a deep sleep, hence the term "Woke". I am glad to see Lehigh making attempts to bring us forward. Change is not easy and comes with some discomfort; but, nothing like the pain that was inflicted on millions of our fellow citizens for centuries.
LUEngineer

Post by LUEngineer » Sat Mar 25, 2023 11:50 pm

it’s not about sexism & rascist but more about liberalizing everything toward Marxism on our beautiful campus. Conservative rugged individualism has been replaced by equity of outcomes where virtually everyone gets A’s & B’s & standard testing is being eliminated for determining admission.

Coursework is no longer geared toward preparing students for careers as it is to promote the liberal agenda espoused by faculty/staff to prepare students to change their values from those instilled by their parents.

Lehigh is simply now part of the left wing agenda that started on other campuses as far back as the 70’s but only arrived at Lehigh since the turn of the century.
DF2002

Post by DF2002 » Sun Mar 26, 2023 12:23 pm

Mountain Hawk wrote: Thu Mar 23, 2023 7:28 pm
drd5748 wrote: Thu Mar 23, 2023 6:21 pm I was replying to mnhawk’s trash talk
Period
You should know that I am now a 3 generation Lehigh family. Goes back to the early 50's. I worked on WallSt for almost 30 years and have had an active hand in helping our wrestlers get internships, jobs, and general counsel about how to proceed with their careers in this area every chance that I got to do it. I have assisted in hosting the the team in the city with Coach for dinners and other events and have financially supported the team as best I could over the years. I've also helped wrestlers from other programs to get a leg up in the industry when asked.
So I don't need to hear a GD thing from you about trash talk. What you hear from me are facts. Wrestlers tell me that WallSt firms don't recruit them directly from the business school (unlike some of the other schools in the EIWA). Lehigh gets recruited well by the Big5 accounting firms - on campus - but little else in the way of money jobs. They are left to hustle and work every contact possible to find work and some of them have shown an incredible ability to do so. It is my contention that we are well-positioned to build a business school so strong that WallSt comes shopping for our guys. Thats not what we have now despite your anecdotal crap about a course you can take in fkg Belgium or an internship in SF. EVERY decent school offers all of that.
I have a great blueprint for what i believe the solutions are and that blueprint has been shared with the appropriate folks at Lehigh. What i don't need is you responding to any of my posts because its patently obvious that you know nothing about what is happening out there in the industry and what the kids are up against in getting noticed and hired.
You made accusations against me earlier in the year that went beyond belief and you never had the guts to respond when I called you out for it. So I would ask again that the painfully ignorant not respond on this topic. You're at the top of the list.

+1
DF2002

Post by DF2002 » Sun Mar 26, 2023 12:29 pm

Richb-3 wrote: Thu Mar 23, 2023 2:28 pm As the former alumni director of the Wharton School he may know something.
You’ve missed the point. Denny dismisses every opinion that doesn’t conform to his and clearly MH has some very relevant first hand experience and perspective on this… as do others.

Let’s be honest…. It doesn’t really matter what the topic is. Denny’s response is always the same.

This board will eventually die for reasons like this and it will be deserved.
DF2002

Post by DF2002 » Sun Mar 26, 2023 12:33 pm

Richb-3 wrote: Fri Mar 24, 2023 3:49 pm Gotta like an anonymous person complaining about a real person not providing a direct response.
Wtf does anonymous have to do with with any of it? Total non sequitur.

Your and Denny’s attempt to discredit people because they don’t use their names or identify themselves:

1. Not remotely related to the actual validity or logic of any statement they make.

2. Doesn’t make you more of an authority on anything.

3. Is a piss poor attempt to change the subject to something else which again, isn’t relevant.