LU Business School

Talk about the champions, or the Top 25 nationally-ranked team!
drd5748

Re: LU Business School

Post by drd5748 » Fri Mar 24, 2023 5:47 pm

Sounds like very impressive and specific plans & analysis; we wish you well. I'm sure public perception incl hs recruits will see the upside for them when they make decisions about us in the near term.

Mountain Hawk

Post by Mountain Hawk » Fri Mar 24, 2023 8:23 pm

HFO thank you for your valued input. Uniformed “insiders” and university admins think Lehigh works fine as it is.

Shocking I know.
Oracle

Post by Oracle » Sat Mar 25, 2023 7:52 am

Very impressive posts by HFO and Mountain Hawk. Your comments are appreciated. HFO, it appears is literally an old timer who cares enough to speak up before he checks out.

From my humble perch I, also, no longer give to the University. Yes to wrestling only. The place I graduated from no longer exists. It was conservative, competitive and no nonsense. Today, in a race to become accepted, they embrace wokeism full bore, globalism, and the liberal opposite of no nonsense.

I didn’t work my whole life, raise 2 families, worship my God, and believe in America First to now think what Lehigh stands for is right. Of course, they are not alone, but they can raise funds from some one else.

Wrestling has shaped my life. From 5th grade it was a challenge that I enjoyed and that drove me to improve. The one on one competition is unique, as is the weigh cutting etc.
techniques are like solving a complex engineering puzzle.
It’s always held a fascination for me and others, which is why the wrestling community is so tight knit and loyal.

When discussing and posting here passions and emotions run high and they always will. It’s because wrestling has shaped all of our lives.

I especially enjoyed viewing the reaction of Princeton staff after Pat Glory win his title. On we go.
NothingMeaningful

Post by NothingMeaningful » Sat Mar 25, 2023 8:15 am

Oracle wrote: Sat Mar 25, 2023 7:52 am and believe in America First

"America First refers to a policy stance in the United States that generally emphasizes nationalism and non-interventionism.[1] The term was coined by president Woodrow Wilson[2] in his 1916 campaign that pledged to keep America neutral in World War I. A more isolationist approach gained prominence in the interwar period (1918–1939), with the policy being employed by the Ku Klux Klan in the 1920s; it was also advocated by the America First Committee, a non-interventionist pressure group against U.S. entry into World War II.[3]"
Mountain Hawk

Post by Mountain Hawk » Sat Mar 25, 2023 10:31 am

Thanks Oracle.

The post from NM here really kinda sums things up nicely doesn't it?

The Lehigh in our minds is a very different place from the Lehigh that lives today. I try to remember that the world is also a very different place from those of my days on S Mountain. I don't have to like all of it.
Oracle

Post by Oracle » Sat Mar 25, 2023 11:02 am

MH: Yes, thanks for pointing out the reply to my post was sheer nonsense and illustrates the problem.

You are right in saying the world has changed and we don’t have to like it all. However, some things are timeless. Common sense things. We have been blessed to live in America. Those who are U. S. Citizens that disagree are ingrates. But it’s their right to disagree-where else in the world is that allowed?

My respect for wrestling and wrestlers runs deep. I’ll always react to what I consider unfair comments while understanding others have free speech.

Back to Lehigh: what Pat Santoro has done with the restrictions he has to work with vs other, more powerful programs is amazing. Not perfect, but amazing. I wonder what he’d do with NCAA allowable stipends?
Mountain Hawk

Post by Mountain Hawk » Sat Mar 25, 2023 11:39 am

Oracle wrote: Sat Mar 25, 2023 11:02 am MH: Yes, thanks for pointing out the reply to my post was sheer nonsense and illustrates the problem.

You are right in saying the world has changed and we don’t have to like it all. However, some things are timeless. Common sense things. We have been blessed to live in America. Those who are U. S. Citizens that disagree are ingrates. But it’s their right to disagree-where else in the world is that allowed?

My respect for wrestling and wrestlers runs deep. I’ll always react to what I consider unfair comments while understanding others have free speech.

Back to Lehigh: what Pat Santoro has done with the restrictions he has to work with vs other, more powerful programs is amazing. Not perfect, but amazing. I wonder what he’d do with NCAA allowable stipends?
Tell you what - your last point here I appreciate the most. In my dealings with him he is absolutely one of the most humble and upstanding gentlemen I’ve ever met and EXACTLY the kind of people you want your developing young men to spend 4-6 years with no matter wth happens on the wrestling mat.
I have me very def beefs with the school but you just won’t ever find me crapping down on the coaches, the program, or esp the wrestlers. Not a lot of privates lurking around the T20 these days.
Asa Packer

Post by Asa Packer » Sat Mar 25, 2023 12:29 pm

NothingMeaningful wrote: Sat Mar 25, 2023 8:15 am

"America First refers to a policy stance in the United States that generally emphasizes nationalism and non-interventionism.[1] The term was coined by president Woodrow Wilson[2] in his 1916 campaign that pledged to keep America neutral in World War I. A more isolationist approach gained prominence in the interwar period (1918–1939), with the policy being employed by the Ku Klux Klan in the 1920s; it was also advocated by the America First Committee, a non-interventionist pressure group against U.S. entry into World War II.[3]"
Rather obscure quote. How about KISS, maybe America First means keep America First in all fields, all decisions? Clinton said something similar. He doesn't have the baggage of DJT. Well....
NothingMeaningful

Post by NothingMeaningful » Sat Mar 25, 2023 1:19 pm

Asa Packer wrote: Sat Mar 25, 2023 12:29 pm
NothingMeaningful wrote: Sat Mar 25, 2023 8:15 am

Rather obscure quote. How about KISS, maybe America First means keep America First in all fields, all decisions? Clinton said something similar. He doesn't have the baggage of DJT. Well....
It's not an obscure quote to those who follow history. "America First" wasn't randomly picked as a tag line: it represents exactly what that quote says.
Mountain Hawk

Post by Mountain Hawk » Sat Mar 25, 2023 1:23 pm

NothingMeaningful wrote: Sat Mar 25, 2023 1:19 pm It's not an obscure quote to those who follow history. "America First" wasn't randomly picked as a tag line: it represents exactly what that quote says.
1) That's your opinion and you're welcome to it.
2) You think that's what Oracle meant? Really?
3) Better order more kool-aid because the way you guzzling it you prob gonna run out soon.