DOWN THE ROAD

Talk about the champions, or the Top 25 nationally-ranked team!
1/2NELSON

DOWN THE ROAD

Post by 1/2NELSON » Thu Mar 23, 2023 5:00 pm

For those of you who are DATA driven I submit the following:

https://www.flowrestling.org/articles/1 ... ing-season

PSU obviously in the DRIVERS-SEAT, with Cornell in the rear-view-mirror! :o

Mizzou, and Ohio State starting to pick up speed in the FAST-LANE! :lol:

Virginia Tech loses a few STUDS,..but have a formidable 1-2PUNCH in blue-chippers Sasso(197lbs.), and Mullins(285). Assume both to red-shirt.

I'm thinking IOWA takes a hit,..and has to replace top of that line-up, so they're somewhat vulnerable. However if they can recruit/pick-up some FREE-AGENTS like the Ferrari Bros., w/A.J. a proven commodity on-the-mat,..they're back in business! 8-)

whiz wit

Re: DOWN THE ROAD

Post by whiz wit » Thu Mar 23, 2023 5:15 pm

Personally, care little about those teams. What's your forecast for LU - you know, the team that people on this site are most interested in?
mookie

Post by mookie » Thu Mar 23, 2023 5:55 pm

This guy would be a large band-aid for Lehigh's anemic middleweights.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bi7YH61 ... oWrestling
theanswer

Post by theanswer » Thu Mar 23, 2023 6:17 pm

All by himself saved 11 sports at Stanford!
1/2NELSON

Post by 1/2NELSON » Thu Mar 23, 2023 7:55 pm

mookie wrote: Thu Mar 23, 2023 5:55 pm This guy would be a large band-aid for Lehigh's anemic middleweights.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bi7YH61 ... oWrestling
Was thinking the same thing Mookie! Bergen Catholic grad comes back East,..to Rutgers OR Lehigh! :o
1/2NELSON

Post by 1/2NELSON » Thu Mar 23, 2023 9:27 pm

whiz wit wrote: Thu Mar 23, 2023 5:15 pm Personally, care little about those teams. What's your forecast for LU - you know, the team that people on this site are most interested in?
Personally I keep ONE eye on a few of these teams,.. as they're on Lehigh's schedule! :roll:

LEHIGH specifically,.. had a "mediocre" season by their/our standards. However, a 2nd place EIWA finish with seven NCAA qualifiers, and a very respectable All-American(3rd) performance by Humphreys provided the much needed shot of Novocain. :cry: Even Santoro taking some heat on this Board, but grumbling aside, don't know if Cael or Brands could have gotten anymore out of this roster.

I am no longer the rabid fan I once was when I first started following the Engineers in the early '60's, and their "murderers-row" of Caruso, Peritore, and Stuart, and a bit later the likes of Frick, Burley, and Co. I long for the GLORY-DAYS, but as an old-timer have mellowed, content to sit in the front-row, and applaud whoever toes-the-line. Believe Lehigh WRESTLING in general is still held in pretty high esteem based on their body-of-work over the long haul. :D

Wishing we could somehow bait-the-hook and lure more of these blue-chippers from the private sector(PA-NJ) to Grace Hall in-lieu of their mass exit to the Ivy League, and to opponents like Cornell, Princeton, Penn, etc. And whatever happened to Lehigh's "pipe-line" to Blair, annually the top high school Team in the nation! :?

Thought that Parkland Coach Jon Trenge might point his STUD 189lber Gacek in our direction but kid opted for Clarion,..and Trenge to resign according to Morning Call. Saw the JERSEY states, and state champs Waddle, and Stanich are probably a few years away from handling 125lbs-133. Rugged looking Schoppe(4th-175), also an all-state football player is solid, and could probably handle 175-184 in a few years. Know nothing about Pa. recruits. :roll:

Per present-day roster everyone obviously awaiting the coming-out party for Crookham,..but Haines, an MB4 remain enigmas, Rodgers garnering some hype at 174?184, while Beard has the talent to win an NCAA title at 197. Looking for Taylor to continue making incremental growth technically, and present a Brock Lesnar presence. ;)