Transfer Portal

Talk about the champions, or the Top 25 nationally-ranked team!
whiz wit

Re: Transfer Portal

Post by whiz wit » Tue Apr 25, 2023 1:50 pm

gimpeltf wrote: Tue Apr 25, 2023 1:44 pm
whiz wit wrote: Tue Apr 25, 2023 10:31 am
NothingMeaningful wrote: Tue Apr 25, 2023 8:46 am

Is there any evidence that Mays was recruited by Santoro? A number of people here have said things along the lines of "coaches must have seen something...". Maybe the kid just wants a better academic institution, and happens to be a wrestler?
There's a picture of Mays in a Lehigh singlet with the word "Committed" at the bottom. That suggests to me that he was recruited.
Actually, it means the kids either bought a singlet or they can photoshop.
And how about the caption "COMMITTED"?

mh1

Post by mh1 » Tue Apr 25, 2023 3:18 pm

There are many on this forum that should have that caption.

Thanks for the softball whiz!!
gimpeltf

Post by gimpeltf » Tue Apr 25, 2023 3:56 pm

whiz wit wrote: Tue Apr 25, 2023 1:50 pm
gimpeltf wrote: Tue Apr 25, 2023 1:44 pm
whiz wit wrote: Tue Apr 25, 2023 10:31 am

There's a picture of Mays in a Lehigh singlet with the word "Committed" at the bottom. That suggests to me that he was recruited.
Actually, it means the kids either bought a singlet or they can photoshop.
And how about the caption "COMMITTED"?
How about it? It's a caption. And committed is the verbal process not the signing. Some kids commit before the coaches are even allowed to talk to them.
whiz wit

Post by whiz wit » Tue Apr 25, 2023 4:31 pm

Dear Gimp,

The question was whether Mays was recruited. I took care to write that the singlet and the caption "suggested" to me that he was recruited. I didn't write that they proved it and I fully considered the scenarios you posited.

I thought you had gotten over your less than admirable habit of lurking and then jumping in to try to correct somebody (other than your pals, of course) when you think you see an opening. Unfortunately, you often ignore what was actually written.
gimpeltf

Post by gimpeltf » Tue Apr 25, 2023 6:33 pm

whiz wit wrote: Tue Apr 25, 2023 4:31 pm Dear Gimp,

The question was whether Mays was recruited. I took care to write that the singlet and the caption "suggested" to me that he was recruited. I didn't write that they proved it and I fully considered the scenarios you posited.

I thought you had gotten over your less than admirable habit of lurking and then jumping in to try to correct somebody (other than your pals, of course) when you think you see an opening. Unfortunately, you often ignore what was actually written.
I saw exactly what you wrote. You said it suggested. I know that. I was pointing out that it didn't necessarily suggest that at all. Kids make those pictures all the time. Not all of the kids are recruited and since some of these pictures happen before the coaches talked to them...
If it seems I've gotten over some habit you "suggest" I have- it's because this forum has gotten very messy and I'm not going to correct everything. And I'm sure a lot of you know better than what you say. Trying not to feed the trolls too often.
Spladle1989

Post by Spladle1989 » Wed Apr 26, 2023 9:46 am

the trolls lol.....gotta love it......is that another name for people who express opinions not agreeable to yours?
Richb-3

Post by Richb-3 » Wed Apr 26, 2023 10:36 am

I love how someone who never goes East of Rochester, claims to know more about Wrestling in NJ than someone who was the NJ Freestyle/Greco Rules interpreter.
Spladle1989

Post by Spladle1989 » Wed Apr 26, 2023 10:45 am

Richb-3 wrote: Wed Apr 26, 2023 10:36 am I love how someone who never goes East of Rochester, claims to know more about Wrestling in NJ than someone who was the NJ Freestyle/Greco Rules interpreter.
You really have no idea what you post about, ever.....I mean show me exactly where that was expressed......... desperate for attention and camaraderie from fellow homers, it's sad really......
Richb-3

Post by Richb-3 » Wed Apr 26, 2023 3:55 pm

You just attacked Gimp for expressing info about NJ wrestlers.

You, the anonymous one who only sees Lehigh wrestle when they are in Buffalo. The one so ill informed you thought WGP was a name made up by DRD.

Scandinavian folklore indicates trolls turn to stone when in sunlight. You are obviously terrified of sunlight. So troll is definitely a term well applied to you.
Spladle1989

Post by Spladle1989 » Wed Apr 26, 2023 5:00 pm

Again Rich, I attacked Gimp about a NJ wrestler? Please show me that post or go take a much needed mental nap….. your posts are non sensical at best and flat out wrong at worst….

I see Lehigh wrestle at least once a year at the Snake Pit and have made EIWA’s four out of the last six years….as has been discussed ad nauseum….. you’re either daft or intentionally incorrect…..I have a feeling it’s both, which is a damn shame……

Stick to what you know, which apparently isn’t much….