Rule Changes

Talk about the champions, or the Top 25 nationally-ranked team!
ngineer

Re: Rule Changes

Post by ngineer » Tue May 02, 2023 12:53 pm

The one rule that drives me crazy and not enforced in the last 10-15 seconds is stalling. Especially when the guy leading is literally running backwards! It is a mockery of the sport. I propose a “stand your ground “ rule. If a wrestler takes more than one step backward in the last 10 seconds, stalling is enforced.

Spladle1989

Post by Spladle1989 » Tue May 02, 2023 2:12 pm

Every post you make about Humphreys is negative, what's your issue? A weight Cornell couldn't beat Lehigh at so you have to whine about his style? As has been mentioned previously Humphreys was wrestling with basically one arm he could extend with strength at NCAA's and he did quite well.

Please don't give me the "was only responding to Oracle's post", because it has been a long standing trend concerning you and Humphrey's, guys win different ways........get over it.......
Oracle

Post by Oracle » Tue May 02, 2023 5:40 pm

Humphreys was not good from neutral early in his career. He scored with that weird move of his. The past 2 years he developed a nice leg attack and with his strength finished most of them. Reminded me of Matt Ruppel, who when he hit the leg, it was an automatic 2.

For anyone to say Humphreys didn't improve from his feet over the course of his time at Lehigh is inaccurate. Counting how many TDs is no measuring stick and proves we don't all see the same thing out there.

Are there posters out there who agree with NM's take on this?
mh1

Post by mh1 » Tue May 02, 2023 5:42 pm

Oracle wrote: Tue May 02, 2023 5:40 pm Humphreys was not good from neutral early in his career. He scored with that weird move of his. The past 2 years he developed a nice leg attack and with his strength finished most of them. Reminded me of Matt Ruppel, who when he hit the leg, it was an automatic 2.

For anyone to say Humphreys didn't improve from his feet over the course of his time at Lehigh is inaccurate. Counting how many TDs is no measuring stick and proves we don't all see the same thing out there.

Just Allen Brown
NothingMeaningful

Post by NothingMeaningful » Tue May 02, 2023 7:13 pm

Spladle1989 wrote: Tue May 02, 2023 2:12 pm Every post you make about Humphreys is negative, what's your issue?
I stopped reading right there. You can do a search on this forum for the thread that I started congratulating Humphreys after NCAAs.
Spladle1989

Post by Spladle1989 » Tue May 02, 2023 7:52 pm

Excuse me i stand corrected, 99.9% of your posts about Humphreys are negative, not allllllll…… feel better?
JAD77

Post by JAD77 » Tue May 02, 2023 8:12 pm

Not looking things up, but I would bet that early on Humphreys was taken down as frequently as he scored a takedown. He was always a beast on top, so that made up for a lot. He definitely improved in neutral. Never became a takedown machine, but after his redshirt he scored a lot more takedowns - and most importantly - he became much tougher to score a takedown on. We can all agree the majority of his points were scored on the mat, but mainly due to his huge improvement in neutral, he came within a whisker (and you can't tell me that wasn't an escape - where the hell does the rulebook say you have to turn and face your opponent) of making the finals.

He also didn't need to score a ton of takedowns, because once he got one, he was pretty much staying put.

Just the opposite of Jordan Kutler, who WAS a takedown machine, but rarely rode an opponent or scored back points.

Two different styles, both of them were/are studs.

That said, I think Klehner's post was pretty innocuous.
Red Blades

Post by Red Blades » Tue May 02, 2023 11:12 pm

mh1 wrote: Tue May 02, 2023 5:42 pm
Oracle wrote: Tue May 02, 2023 5:40 pm Humphreys was not good from neutral early in his career. He scored with that weird move of his. The past 2 years he developed a nice leg attack and with his strength finished most of them. Reminded me of Matt Ruppel, who when he hit the leg, it was an automatic 2.

Just Allen Brown
On we go? ;)
D3 for LU

Post by D3 for LU » Wed May 03, 2023 5:33 am

Red Blades wrote: Tue May 02, 2023 11:12 pm
mh1 wrote: Tue May 02, 2023 5:42 pm
Oracle wrote: Tue May 02, 2023 5:40 pm Humphreys was not ...
thing out there.
Just Allen Brown
On we go? ;)
;) Touche', RB... touché!
D3
Sir, a pint of you finest ale, please!
Never argue with an idiot... he'll bring you down to his level and beat you with experience.
legger

Post by legger » Wed May 03, 2023 8:21 am

**** Blades: How are you and your posse doing? It must be 8-9 years since we got together at Mookie's EIWA gathering.
By now all your daughters must have graduated. My son graduated from Wilkes and is a Pharmacist.