Nahshon Garrett

Talk about the champions, or the Top 25 nationally-ranked team!
D3 for LU

Re: Nahshon Garrett

Post by D3 for LU » Mon May 22, 2023 6:03 pm

Yes, NM, we did. :|

I also think that Vito has some hi-grade wrestling pedigree in his father, Vugar... which does help a bunch.

I, myself, do not entertain that Nahshon is the favorite...
BUT I'll be willing to give him a puncher's chance at Final X.
D3

Sir, a pint of you finest ale, please!
Never argue with an idiot... he'll bring you down to his level and beat you with experience.
whiz wit

Post by whiz wit » Mon May 22, 2023 6:51 pm

NothingMeaningful wrote: Mon May 22, 2023 5:38 pm
whiz wit wrote: Mon May 22, 2023 4:55 pm Arujau has great technique. That's for sure. But I don't see him as quicker and more athletic than Garrett, as NM asserts. We shall see.
Did you watch Arujau beat Garrett 9-2 at the US Open? Did you watch Vito out-quick Roman Bravo-Young, until that point considered one of the quickest guys in the NCAA (https://youtu.be/ZmcHmYpnhqA)? Did you watch Vito major Daton Fix in the NCAA semis (https://youtu.be/n94VdjYCrVw)?
That was then and this is in the near future.

Things change.
LU in the Hub

Post by LU in the Hub » Mon May 22, 2023 9:35 pm

Both wrestlers are wrestling great so it should be an interesting match. Hard to pick against Araujau after what we saw at NCAAs.

BTW, FLO decided to put the semis on YouTube for free.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QOSQaSDfazw&t=3076s
mookie

Post by mookie » Tue May 23, 2023 1:18 pm

Fix hasn’t been the same since he was caught doping.
1/2NELSON

Post by 1/2NELSON » Tue Jun 06, 2023 9:17 pm

mookie wrote: Tue May 23, 2023 1:18 pm Fix hasn’t been the same since he was caught doping.
Have seen NO improvement whatsoever in either genre, FOLK/FS :o
mookie

Post by mookie » Wed Jun 07, 2023 8:51 am

He was tested during an international competition. College wrestlers can dope with almost complete impunity.
NothingMeaningful

Post by NothingMeaningful » Wed Jun 07, 2023 9:12 am

mookie wrote: Wed Jun 07, 2023 8:51 am He was tested during an international competition. College wrestlers can dope with almost complete impunity.
No, he wasn't. In-competition drug tests only catch idiots. Not saying that Fix isn't an idiot, nor disagreeing that college athletes are almost never tested.
Fix, 22, tested positive for ostarine as a result of an out-of-competition drug test conducted on January 22, 2020.
Oracle

Post by Oracle » Wed Jun 07, 2023 5:54 pm

Whatever Fix got busted for is of little interest to me. He is a major talent. IMO, got screwed when Suriano grabbed his head gear in 2019.Then lost twice to a trending RBY, who was just quicker. Then Vito comes along and is OW. Then McGee, another super cat-quick guy. He's been around for a long time and guys have figured him out.
I understand he'll be back again next year. A mistake IMO. Unless Vito slips on a banana peel, he won't lose.

Just keep Fix away from Hines. It's like an automatic 6.
mookie

Post by mookie » Thu Jun 08, 2023 6:55 am

Ostarine was formulated to mimic the anabolic effects of steroids but without the harsh side effects; thus theoretically providing a safer medication. It's popular with bodybuilders, MMA fighters, and wrestlers.
1/2NELSON

Post by 1/2NELSON » Fri Jun 09, 2023 4:30 pm

FINAL X PICKS:
57 kg – :D Thomas Gilman (Nittany Lion WC/Titan Mercury WC) vs. Zane Richards (Illinois RTC/Titan Mercury WC)
61 kg – :D Vitali Arujau (Spartan Combat RTC/Titan Mercury WC) vs. Nahshon Garrett (Titan Mercury WC/Lehigh Valley WC)
65 kg – :D Yianni Diakomihalis (Spartan Combat RTC/Titan Mercury WC) vs. Nick Lee (Nittany Lion WC/Titan Mercury WC)
70 kg – :D Zain Retherford (Nittany Lion WC/Titan Mercury WC) vs. Tyler Berger (Pennsylvania RTC/Sunkist Kids WC)
74 kg – Kyle Dake (Nittany Lion WC/Titan Mercury WC) vs. :o Jason Nolf (Nittany Lion WC/Titan Mercury WC)
79 kg – Jordan Burroughs (Pennsylvania RTC/Sunkist Kids WC) vs. :o Chance Marsteller (York City RTC/Titan Mercury WC)
86 kg – :D David Taylor (Nittany Lion WC/Titan Mercury WC) vs. Aaron Brooks (Nittany Lion WC/Titan Mercury WC)
92 kg – Michael Macchiavello (Wolfpack WC/Titan Mercury WC) vs. :D Zahid Valencia (Sunkist Kids WC)
97 kg – :D Kyle Snyder (Nittany Lion WC/Titan Mercury WC) vs. J’den Cox (Cliff Keen WC/Titan Mercury WC)
125 kg – :D Gable Steveson (Gopher WC-RTC) vs. Mason Parris (Cliff Keen WC/Titan Mercury WC)