LEHIGH WRESTLING NEWS / DENNY

Talk about the champions, or the Top 25 nationally-ranked team!
dcjwrestler

LEHIGH WRESTLING NEWS / DENNY

Post by dcjwrestler » Tue May 30, 2023 5:34 pm

It is with great sadness that Denny requested that I post the following summary from him in regards to the Lehigh University Wrestling News Magazine:

1/ All subscribers are requested to STOP sending any payments effective immediately as the LU Wrestling News Magazine has been terminated.

2/ Denny wanted readers and fans to know that he came to this unfortunate end due to health concerns and an inability to continue with this magazine.

On a personal note I wanted to thank all of his readers and supporters over the years. I wish him the best and hope for a recovery of his health. It has been a great experience working for Denny these past few years.
He was and hopefully will continue to be one of Lehigh Wrestling's greatest fans and promoters.

David Johnson '85

whiz wit

Re: LEHIGH WRESTLING NEWS / DENNY

Post by whiz wit » Tue May 30, 2023 5:46 pm

Wishing the best for Denny. He's the ultimate LU wrestling booster.
legger

Post by legger » Tue May 30, 2023 6:12 pm

**** I am extremely sad to hear both: that LU Wrestling News will be discontinued and that Denny's health is declining. I have been subscriber for many years and have depended on the information presented every year. I sincerely hope that Denny will recover from whatever condition is flaring up. Blessings and Prayers.
Oracle

Post by Oracle » Tue May 30, 2023 9:09 pm

Denny and I go at it pretty good at times but I love the guy and respect him a great deal. He is consistent and that’s a good quality to possess. Denny is also an inherently decent human being — obviously raised by great parents.

My only thoughts at this time are for his recovery from whatever is serious enough for him to suspend the LUWN.

Get well my friend.
Toast

Post by Toast » Wed May 31, 2023 4:54 am

While Father Time remains undefeated, I'm hoping Denny manages to keep him at bay for the foreseeable future. Denny has been big asset to the program and its supporters for decades and it'll be a very unfortunate day when that's no longer the case.

Get well soon, Denny.
D3 for LU

Post by D3 for LU » Wed May 31, 2023 5:53 am

The termination of the LU Newsletter alone, tells of the grave news of Denny's health.
I only hope that he can recover and be comfortable above all else.
D3
Sir, a pint of you finest ale, please!
Never argue with an idiot... he'll bring you down to his level and beat you with experience.
Dad

Post by Dad » Wed May 31, 2023 8:25 am

Prayers for Denny. He is one of the strongest supporters of Lehigh wrestling I have ever met. Only wants the best for all that touch the program. We should all say a prayer for him.
Asa Packer

Post by Asa Packer » Wed May 31, 2023 11:05 am

D3 for LU wrote: Wed May 31, 2023 5:53 am The termination of the LU Newsletter alone, tells of the grave news of Denny's health.
I only hope that he can recover and be comfortable above all else.
D3
My thoughts, exactly.
Sundayamqb

Post by Sundayamqb » Wed May 31, 2023 8:19 pm

Prayers for Denny. Get well soon and thank you for all he has done!

Not only is he a class act, but he has been perhaps the premier Lehigh sports fan/promoter of my lifetime. He has been an incredible ambassador for Lehigh (including in his role years ago with the alumni association), its sports teams and wrestling, nationally.
HFO

Post by HFO » Thu Jun 01, 2023 10:42 am

Denny no doubt has great passion for Lehigh wrestling so it it is a sad day when he has to concede his energies for his passion the LU Wrestling newsletter. Each day should be cherished.

The pinnacle of all discussion for me was the banter between Allen/Stovepipe and Denny/drd on why Stovie hated Lehigh. I chatted with Stovie and he always told me he had great respect for Lehigh success in wrestling, especially wrestlers, but not always the unbearable Lehigh fans.

Denny for what I know of him is a kid from NJ who arrived at Lehigh of the peak years of Gerry Leeman and still all male Lehigh.

Allen Brown was a kid from Lock Haven transplanted in high school to Maryland who was passionate about glory days of Lock Haven of 1950s and early 1960s.

The were mutual members of the Haters Club. 😆

Each have left a unique mark in the literary world of wrestling. My new favorites are Mookie, Mountain Hawk and the seldom but worthwhile humor of Ass Packer. I won't be around to see their future years of contribution, but I know it will be funny.

Wishing Denny well. I hope he is around to see one more National Champion.