Rule Changes

Talk about the champions, or the Top 25 nationally-ranked team!
whiz wit

Rule Changes

Post by whiz wit » Thu Jun 08, 2023 4:55 pm

The 3 point takedown, among other things, is in.

https://www.flowrestling.org/articles/1 ... ed-changes

1/2NELSON

Re: Rule Changes

Post by 1/2NELSON » Thu Jun 08, 2023 10:27 pm

IMO the 1ST takedown in the 1ST period, and only in the 1ST period,..should be worth (( 5PTS )). :o
All other TD'S worth (3). This would enhance the action, get the motors runnin'...and possibly eliminate the DANCING-BEARS routine that is a waste of THREE freakin' minutes! :roll:

ALL near-falls should be worthy of (( 4PTS )) This shows initiative in pursuit of the objective of wrestling,..TO PIN! Stop getting cute with the designation of 2-3-4, and time spent with the ref reviewing the video before realizing YES,..I missed a F'in swipe! :shock:

Like the MFF now counting as a LOSS, as many have used this ploy as a means of "gaming" the system! :lol:
Last edited by 1/2NELSON on Sat Jun 10, 2023 10:47 am, edited 2 times in total.
mookie

Post by mookie » Fri Jun 09, 2023 6:03 am

I'd like to see a carnival spin wheel set up mat-side. While the wheel is spinning, the referee encourages fans to cheer for their TD number. 1 -10, spin the wheel and see what your TD will be worth. Coin flip with the captains determines who spins the wheel first.
Oracle

Post by Oracle » Fri Jun 09, 2023 7:45 am

The 3-point TD rule change does not favor Lehigh as they are currently constructed. Beard is about the only guy who will benefit. Maybe Taylor.

If this change causes LU to change, up and down the line-up, to more of an attack style right off the whistle, then I'm all for it.

With all the drastic changes, I'm surprised they didn't vote in the RT rule -- where if you want to be awarded a point, you would have had to score back points somewhere along the line. IMO, it was a silly notion, but no sillier than the rest of this stuff.

When coach Koll says "you give up 6 in the 1st period the match is over" -- that is absurd. The solution to that is not to give up 6 in the first period.

The committee wanted to make changes and they did. Doesn't mean fans have to like them. We do have to live with them -- for now.
FloridaGuy

Post by FloridaGuy » Fri Jun 09, 2023 8:40 am

>>>>>>>>>I’d like to see statistics on takedowns for each wrestler before saying the rule change will not benefit Lehigh. Might actually help Logan as well as guys like Seymour and Taylor.

More emphasis on scoring points via tds and turning guys is a plus, imo, if our goal is more action.
D3 for LU

B&W wrestlers... STEP UP YOUR ATTACKS!

Post by D3 for LU » Fri Jun 09, 2023 9:19 am

Those wrestlers that are TD machines will benefit GREATLY!

In general... LEHIGH as a team are not TD machines.
(ADVANTAGE... the other guys. :roll: )
D3
Sir, a pint of you finest ale, please!
Never argue with an idiot... he'll bring you down to his level and beat you with experience.
Oracle

Post by Oracle » Fri Jun 09, 2023 11:04 am

FloridaGuy wrote: Fri Jun 09, 2023 8:40 am >>>>>>>>>I’d like to see statistics on takedowns for each wrestler before saying the rule change will not benefit Lehigh. Might actually help Logan as well as guys like Seymour and Taylor.

More emphasis on scoring points via tds and turning guys is a plus, imo, if our goal is more action.
>>>>>>>> For me, the goal is to win. 'Action' is in the eye of the beholder.
Mountain Hawk

Post by Mountain Hawk » Fri Jun 09, 2023 1:52 pm

Oracle wrote: Fri Jun 09, 2023 7:45 am The 3-point TD rule change does not favor Lehigh as they are currently constructed. Beard is about the only guy who will benefit. Maybe Taylor.

If this change causes LU to change, up and down the line-up, to more of an attack style right off the whistle, then I'm all for it.

With all the drastic changes, I'm surprised they didn't vote in the RT rule -- where if you want to be awarded a point, you would have had to score back points somewhere along the line. IMO, it was a silly notion, but no sillier than the rest of this stuff.

When coach Koll says "you give up 6 in the 1st period the match is over" -- that is absurd. The solution to that is not to give up 6 in the first period.

The committee wanted to make changes and they did. Doesn't mean fans have to like them. We do have to live with them -- for now.
Tech falls be coming a lot quicker.
HFO

Post by HFO » Sun Jun 11, 2023 1:23 am

My thought too. Jack Cuvo would be TF almost everyone in 1st Period with this rule.

It will help the already dominant TD machines and lead to faster TF and more Majors. For those who don't wrestle neutral well...you better be a Mike Brown or Mark Lieberman and punish the heck out of the opponent on top.

Net...I think Lehigh will be disadvantaged.
Asa Packer

Post by Asa Packer » Sun Jun 11, 2023 5:34 pm

"Net...I think Lehigh will be disadvantaged."

I think all coaches are grappling (pun intended) with the pros and cons of the new rules.

"It will help the already dominant TD machines and lead to faster TF and more Majors..."

I don't know about the faster TF. Takes alot of "take 'em down and let 'em up", before you have 15 point advantage.

Take 'em down and put 'em to his (or preferred pronoun: their) back, seems to work still.