Sheridan Tournament

Talk about the champions, or the Top 25 nationally-ranked team!
Spladle1989

Sheridan Tournament

Post by Spladle1989 » Thu Dec 14, 2023 9:11 am

Wrestlers have begun to appear under Floarena site for Sheridan......still no Lehigh wrestlers but Franklin Marshall, Army, Rutgers, Binghamton etc wrestlers listed on site.......

legger

Re: Sheridan Tournament

Post by legger » Thu Dec 14, 2023 9:27 am

:twisted: **** The question was asked previously as to whether or not Lehigh would be able to send more than one wrestler per weight. My guess would involve on how large the brackets are and whether they get filled up by the teams sending wrestlers. Inquiring minds want to know.
Oracle

Post by Oracle » Thu Dec 14, 2023 9:55 am

Seems to me someone, maybe gimp, said LU would have 3 per weight.
1/2NELSON

Post by 1/2NELSON » Thu Dec 14, 2023 10:21 am

Is this a JV tournament minus the head-liners OR do we see the A -TEAMS? :roll:

Do we WRESTLE down to a winner, or is it POOL format? :?
Richb-3

Post by Richb-3 » Thu Dec 14, 2023 3:13 pm

Oracle wrote: Thu Dec 14, 2023 9:55 am Seems to me someone, maybe gimp, said LU would have 3 per weight.
I think Gimp said other teams could bring 14-16, But Lehigh could bring up to 28-30. Obviously no team score, or we would not be included in the team score. I think already saw two weights 14 guys. It looks like F+M is way over 15 guys. a couple others I think

He also implied full wrestlebacks to 3rd place, not just Semi losers. That would mean brackets restricted to 16. if exactly 16, there must be 2 guys who wrestle 6 bouts. If there are 17-20 there will likely be "losses" (not the right term) for 3rd + 5th due to no 7th bout.
Richb-3

Post by Richb-3 » Fri Dec 15, 2023 10:47 am

So far I see entries from 4 EIWA teams F+M, Army, Brown, Bing, and non EIWA, Rutgers Indiana, Central Michigan.
JAD77

Post by JAD77 » Sun Dec 17, 2023 3:05 pm

I see this starts at 10am.
Info is a little hard to come by - nothing at all on the Lehigh Wrestling site.
Anyone have any idea how late this might run?
Will there be a break(s) during the day, or will this run straight through?
If it runs straight through, will there be any decent food available on-site, or just the usual crap?

Trying to plan the day - any info would be great, as there doesn't seem to be anything forthcoming from Lehigh. It also would be nice to see who will be competing for Lehigh.

I really like the first-semester in-house tournament. Hopefully, Pat continues to schedule/host this event in the future, but if there is any desire to attract spectators, a little hype would help.

Local schools should be closed for Christmas break. Are the local HS teams/local clubs invited as freebies- I say hopefully?
1/2NELSON

Post by 1/2NELSON » Sun Dec 17, 2023 7:31 pm

JAD77 says,.."I really like the first-semester in-house tournament. Hopefully, Pat continues to schedule/host this event in the future, but if there is any desire to attract spectators, a little hype would help."

IMO if teams like Rutgers, Cornell, and some others don't send their A-TEAMS, which they probably won't,..it's WRESTLING, but nothing more than exposure for the red-shirts, back-ups, etc. Back in-the-day this tourney was a very competitive Event! :roll:
ngineer

Post by ngineer » Sun Dec 17, 2023 8:08 pm

1/2NELSON wrote: Sun Dec 17, 2023 7:31 pm JAD77 says,.."I really like the first-semester in-house tournament. Hopefully, Pat continues to schedule/host this event in the future, but if there is any desire to attract spectators, a little hype would help."

IMO if teams like Rutgers, Cornell, and some others don't send their A-TEAMS, which they probably won't,..it's WRESTLING, but nothing more than exposure for the red-shirts, back-ups, etc. Back in-the-day this tourney was a very competitive Event! :roll:
"Back in the day" I recall the Sheridan being a tournament of dual meets as opposed to individual weight classes. Regardless, I agree it is great to have "something" at home that can attract local fans and young wrestlers to Lehigh.
Mountain Hawk

Post by Mountain Hawk » Sun Dec 17, 2023 9:02 pm

ngineer wrote: Sun Dec 17, 2023 8:08 pm
1/2NELSON wrote: Sun Dec 17, 2023 7:31 pm JAD77 says,.."I really like the first-semester in-house tournament. Hopefully, Pat continues to schedule/host this event in the future, but if there is any desire to attract spectators, a little hype would help."

"Back in the day" I recall the Sheridan being a tournament of dual meets as opposed to individual weight classes. Regardless, I agree it is great to have "something" at home that can attract local fans and young wrestlers to Lehigh.
Def had its different formats but I def seem to recall
Individ tourney format before the dual meets. Feel like OU was there a couple times and a host of other decent teams. Anyway, hope this event gets a bit more pub. Seems the one area where the AD/school/ and yes the coaches could do a bit better at promotion.