Upcoming Weekend

Talk about the champions, or the Top 25 nationally-ranked team!
Red Blades

Re: Upcoming Weekend

Post by Red Blades » Sun Jan 21, 2024 2:02 pm

FloridaGuy wrote: Sun Jan 21, 2024 11:40 am
A previous, similar forum, actually had moderators and a sense of decorum——— discussions often entailed Lehigh supporters/posters replying to noisy, negative psu or cu posters.
Yes, it's a good thing none of those pesky PSU and CU posters lurk around here anymore! :mrgreen:

martinsilvestri

Post by martinsilvestri » Sun Jan 21, 2024 2:07 pm

Red Blades wrote: Sun Jan 21, 2024 2:02 pm
FloridaGuy wrote: Sun Jan 21, 2024 11:40 am
A previous, similar forum, actually had moderators and a sense of decorum——— discussions often entailed Lehigh supporters/posters replying to noisy, negative psu or cu posters.
Yes, it's a good thing none of those pesky PSU and CU posters lurk around here anymore! :mrgreen:
Oh gosh. As if we don't have enough problems :lol:
whiz wit

Post by whiz wit » Sun Jan 21, 2024 2:13 pm

Unfortunately, some on this site have apparently driven Nothingmeaningful way. The guy had a daughter who went to LU and he went to CU. He seems to have been interested in LU wrestling but sometimes promoted CU stuff as an antidote to LU claims and opinions. Big deal. Personally, I don't mind a little of that type of diversity on the forum.
JAD77

Post by JAD77 » Sun Jan 21, 2024 2:18 pm

whiz wit wrote: Sun Jan 21, 2024 2:13 pm Unfortunately, some on this site have apparently driven Nothingmeaningful way. The guy had a daughter who went to LU and he went to CU. He seems to have been interested in LU wrestling but sometimes promoted CU stuff as an antidote to LU claims and opinions. Big deal. Personally, I don't mind a little of that type of diversity on the forum.
Yeah - Klehner generally was a respectful poster who often would bring some useful info to the forum. Miss him, Red Blades, etc. posting more often.
Justafan

Post by Justafan » Sun Jan 21, 2024 2:24 pm

whiz wit wrote: Sun Jan 21, 2024 2:13 pm Unfortunately, some on this site have apparently driven Nothingmeaningful way. The guy had a daughter who went to LU and he went to CU. He seems to have been interested in LU wrestling but sometimes promoted CU stuff as an antidote to LU claims and opinions. Big deal. Personally, I don't mind a little of that type of diversity on the forum.
+1

My thoughts too. As I get older, I notice more and more that those who talk toughness are the the first ones to whine when criticized themselves. It's an axiom that applies both on and off this board.

I do however appreciate all the information that can be gleaned from this site.

So next up...Army. Let's keep this express train rolling.
ngineer

Post by ngineer » Sun Jan 21, 2024 9:19 pm

HFO wrote: Fri Jan 19, 2024 7:13 pm
ngineer wrote: Wed Jan 17, 2024 9:39 pm Big Nate has been avenging all season. I expect him to win convincingly. Lehigh should win both, but not in a walk. Need to use last weekend as a springboard, not a distraction. Also, looking forward to seeing Colin Kilrain's return to Grace Hall. The greatest wrestler Lehigh has produced that didn't win an NCAA championship; all because of some guy named Banach.... Moreover, a great alum in terms of his accomplishments post-graduation. Amazing. He will be the guest speaker at the Wrestling Club's dinner afterward.
He built quite a career and is for sure on short list for National Security Council or CIA Director. He's an amazing American.
He has already served with both after leaving command of the Seals and was Director of Counter-terrorism beginning in 2011 for several years (do the math on when bin Ladin was taken out) and finished up as advisor to the Joint Chiefs. His talk to the team and the Wrestling Club Saturday night was stellar and inspirational. His selection, as you suggest, would to be welcome. Probably needs a break right now!
George Porgie

Post by George Porgie » Mon Jan 22, 2024 1:16 pm

Oracle wrote: Fri Jan 19, 2024 8:40 am Hope you're right Birthday Boy! But remember, UPenn smoked us the past 2 years. They come to scrap. Roger hasn't forgotten the Lehigh fans who raked him over the coals years ago before the Rise of Cornell. He likes nothing better than beating us in Grace Hall.

25-10 seems heavy. I'll stick with a 6/4 split with bonus points from 3 of our guys.
They come to stall.
George Porgie

Post by George Porgie » Mon Jan 22, 2024 1:28 pm

Greencard wrote: Sat Jan 20, 2024 3:01 pm
WGP wrote: Sat Jan 20, 2024 12:08 pm Seymour will go today. Resting Stanich from the weight cut.
Several wrestlers will enter an open tournament next week and get their bout numbers up and also experience.
Giving a break from the so called weight cut is just an excuse for an immature wrestler that does not want to be a part of the team. Instead he sit in the stands with his mommy and girl friend. The coaches should be ashamed of themselves. They give preferential treatment to their favorite wrestlers. This is clearly seen with weigh ins. Every other wrestler on the team is forced to weigh in weekly, look at the 149 or 157 weight class. Those kids are told they have to weigh in. As a Lehigh fan I like to see the dedicated wrestler in the corners all in Lehigh gear supporting their teammates.
ARE YOU SERIOUS ?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!? I have yet to see a Lehigh wrestler who would prefer to sit it the stands with anybody rather than be on the mat. Have you ever been to a wrestling practice? Why would anyone put themselves through that to sit in the crowd? Maybe I missed something.
JAD77

Post by JAD77 » Mon Jan 22, 2024 5:39 pm

GP - what you missed is that Greencard is a nasty immature troll. His first post and hopefully his last. Ignore.
HFO

Post by HFO » Tue Jan 23, 2024 2:59 pm

ngineer wrote: Sun Jan 21, 2024 9:19 pm
HFO wrote: Fri Jan 19, 2024 7:13 pm
ngineer wrote: Wed Jan 17, 2024 9:39 pm Big Nate has been avenging all season. I expect him to win convincingly. Lehigh should win both, but not in a walk. Need to use last weekend as a springboard, not a distraction. Also, looking forward to seeing Colin Kilrain's return to Grace Hall. The greatest wrestler Lehigh has produced that didn't win an NCAA championship; all because of some guy named Banach.... Moreover, a great alum in terms of his accomplishments post-graduation. Amazing. He will be the guest speaker at the Wrestling Club's dinner afterward.
He built quite a career and is for sure on short list for National Security Council or CIA Director. He's an amazing American.
He has already served with both after leaving command of the Seals and was Director of Counter-terrorism beginning in 2011 for several years (do the math on when bin Ladin was taken out) and finished up as advisor to the Joint Chiefs. His talk to the team and the Wrestling Club Saturday night was stellar and inspirational. His selection, as you suggest, would to be welcome. Probably needs a break right now!
He has been a trust resources for the last 3 Presidents in key roles whether Counterterrorism, Counternarcotics (Mexico military attache), CIA Military Liason for NCD-SAD and wrapping it up as staffer to Chairman of Joint Chiefs. I cannot think of another person in DOD with the portfolio that Kilrain had. He would be an outstanding in either role as National Security Advisor or CIA Director. One can only hope. Colin is still fairly young, mabye around 63, so he is at an ideal age range and experience range to be a great asset for American going forward.