2024 Transfer Portal

Talk about the champions, or the Top 25 nationally-ranked team!
HFO

2024 Transfer Portal

Post by HFO » Tue Jan 23, 2024 3:19 pm

Time of year where names start appearing. NCAA Window will open up in Spring.
Will mean a flurry of activity to get students applied, admitted and financially arranged whether scholarships or the other pathways.

https://www.flowrestling.org/articles/1 ... er-tracker

149 to 184 Lehigh has need, if a true elite.
Unless an elite freshman or sophomore, I do not expect too many undergrad transfers to have a shot at Lehigh. Lehigh admissions only does about 40 undergraduate transfers per year.

The better route is the 1-year wonder for Lehigh graduate schools. They take 9 credits for 2 semesters or rare case added in Spring 2025 semester. Again, makes sense to throw Lehigh scholarship money or athletic scholarship money if they are elite wrestlers.

I believe Lehigh should at least talk to any wrestler who enters with a previous R12 who is 149 to 184. The development time of existing Lehigh wrestlers is still 2 years out. Given this team, Lehigh could benefit with immediate horsepower at a number of these weight.

Even Brignola still has a redshirt year, so I would even look at 157 if there is an elite 1 year grad student.

FloridaGuy

Re: 2024 Transfer Portal

Post by FloridaGuy » Tue Jan 23, 2024 3:30 pm

>>>>>> I agree that a grad transfer is an easier route than an undergrad transfer, but two of Lehigh’s three recent wrestling transfers have been undergrads vs just one grad transfer.

I would keep the door wide open for any transfer than can help the team———especially an undergrad in the Beard mold. Transfers are not a key recruiting component.
mookie

Post by mookie » Tue Jan 23, 2024 3:45 pm

PSU's Terrell Barraclough is a biomedical engineering student with one year of eligibility. He came within a whisker of defeating Shane Griffith of Michigan at 174 lbs.

He's normally a 165 lbr. and would be perfect for Lehigh. Thinking he's tired of being a backup.
FloridaGuy

Post by FloridaGuy » Tue Jan 23, 2024 4:53 pm

>>>>>> Correction to my earlier post——-transfers are ‘now’ a key recruiting component.
HFO

Post by HFO » Wed Jan 24, 2024 6:57 pm

mookie wrote: Tue Jan 23, 2024 3:45 pm PSU's Terrell Barraclough is a biomedical engineering student with one year of eligibility. He came within a whisker of defeating Shane Griffith of Michigan at 174 lbs.

He's normally a 165 lbr. and would be perfect for Lehigh. Thinking he's tired of being a backup.
Direct him to this website. https://engineering.lehigh.edu/academic ... te/masters
He would be a welcome addition at Lehigh.
Then he can decide to move onto PhD somewhere else or Medical School.