Resting vs Recovery

Talk about the champions, or the Top 25 nationally-ranked team!
Oracle

Re: Resting vs Recovery

Post by Oracle » Thu Feb 15, 2024 4:27 pm

Tongue-in-cheek, no doubt

There are some very good, dedicated fans here who are not afraid to share the news about Lehigh wrestling. Every possible avenue should be exploited, no?

There will always be those who prefer to horde information thinking others may not be as worthy as themselves to posses it.

Spladle1989

Post by Spladle1989 » Thu Feb 15, 2024 5:52 pm

gimpeltf wrote: Thu Feb 15, 2024 11:23 am
Oracle wrote: Thu Feb 15, 2024 11:00 am Sorry, but to exclude this forum is a mistake. Fan fora are a staple of college wrestling. "Social Media' should include this site. IMO.
Really? I see very few schools in any of the Fora. And mostly just to advertise an upcoming event. (Bellarmine does some).
We can all read the media and post here ourselves.
Spoken like a true insider, well done
martinsilvestri

Post by martinsilvestri » Thu Feb 15, 2024 7:28 pm

Oracle wrote: Thu Feb 15, 2024 4:27 pm Tongue-in-cheek, no doubt

There are some very good, dedicated fans here who are not afraid to share the news about Lehigh wrestling. Every possible avenue should be exploited, no?
Yes - to be clear I was definitely kidding. I'm always very grateful to the knowledgeable people on here who share good information on a regular basis. It definitely would be nice if someone "official" popped in every now and then to acknowledge the committed folks here. On the other hand, there's something to be said for the free-standing nature of this forum where people can speak freely (other than the occasional offended parent).
George Porgie

Post by George Porgie » Tue Feb 20, 2024 11:31 pm

martinsilvestri wrote: Thu Feb 15, 2024 7:24 am there does have to be better ways to drum up support. i like what gina (i think that is her name?) is doing with the social media stuff. a little more engagement from the coaches would go a long way. they dont have to tell all the team's secrets, but maybe a recap or post-match interview as a standard feature. doesnt have to be santoro, i could see someone like jordan wood being good at that. some kind of fan club would be an interesting idea - that one would be on us. george porgie - if im understanding your post right, i agree it's not your job to share things about your fellow students - instead bring a few out to wrestling meets and spread the word.
I do bring students, from Lehigh and surrounding schools.. I hire high school wrestlers to shovel my driveway. I make mention of the team in my classes, especially when they do something great. Like bringing to their attention Crookham's win over Vito. I'm just interested in being responsible and not betraying a trust. They're kids. Pretty smart kids at that.
George Porgie

Post by George Porgie » Tue Feb 20, 2024 11:34 pm

And I am a professor. I don't act like it sometimes, but I am.
martinsilvestri

Post by martinsilvestri » Wed Feb 21, 2024 11:52 am

George Porgie wrote: Tue Feb 20, 2024 11:31 pm
I do bring students, from Lehigh and surrounding schools.. I hire high school wrestlers to shovel my driveway. I make mention of the team in my classes, especially when they do something great. Like bringing to their attention Crookham's win over Vito. I'm just interested in being responsible and not betraying a trust. They're kids. Pretty smart kids at that.
Doing the Lord's work, as they say. Thanks for all you're doing.
ngineer

Post by ngineer » Wed Feb 21, 2024 9:58 pm

Reference has been made to having a 'fan club'. Well, one does exist, but unfortunately, the membership has dwindled over the past years; especially since the pandemic. The Lehigh fan base is getting greyer and balding, with fewer people interested in committing the time and effort to run such an organization. There is a dearth of interest by the recent and current students about wrestling, and unless the University can come up with ideas to rejuvenate interest in the tradition, the base will continue to dwindle.
Oracle

Post by Oracle » Thu Feb 22, 2024 6:38 am

Thank you Major General Obvious. 😀
whiz wit

Post by whiz wit » Thu Feb 22, 2024 8:19 am

Oracle wrote: Thu Feb 22, 2024 6:38 am Thank you Major General Obvious. 😀
Oh, come on Oracle. I fear you may be chilling expression on this forum. What's obvious to you may not be obvious to everyone. And some people may just feel like posting what's on their mind at the time even if it's been written before. Where's the harm?
Red Blades

Post by Red Blades » Thu Feb 22, 2024 9:47 am

whiz wit wrote: Thu Feb 22, 2024 8:19 am
Oracle wrote: Thu Feb 22, 2024 6:38 am Thank you Major General Obvious. 😀
Oh, come on Oracle. I fear you may be chilling expression on this forum. What's obvious to you may not be obvious to everyone. And some people may just feel like posting what's on their mind at the time even if it's been written before. Where's the harm?
Some people are easily triggered by the things they just don't want to hear. Mostly those old, grey and balding folks. :P

(I must confess - I'm 2 out of 3 on that criteria. :roll: )