Bucknell

Back-to-back PL champs 2016 and 2017.... but need to get back to relevance in the national FCS scene.
RichH

Bucknell

Post by RichH » Tue Oct 18, 2022 8:49 pm

Notes up.
Hill ,Harris and Callahan on 2 deep.
We are running out of must games for Ws.smh

I will watch and root on Saturday but I really have little interest left for this season. At this point I may have to get to 80 before we have a chance at a really good team.

LUFAN

Re: Bucknell

Post by LUFAN » Wed Oct 19, 2022 8:15 am

As a college football fan...this game is about as "unwatchable" as anything in the game's history. Bucknell coming in with 13 straight losses. Lehigh is having a putrid year again, yet continues to play the same kids, with the same schemes, week after week. As much as we all like to see kids enjoying a win...is there any joy in winning this game? I feel bad for these kids as they deserve better than Tom Gilmore and Scott Brisson.
Richb-3

Post by Richb-3 » Thu Oct 20, 2022 8:52 am

If we can only win one more game this season, much prefer Lafayette.

I have hope, slim, of passing the Pards in wins in my lifetime
Go Lehigh TU Owl

Post by Go Lehigh TU Owl » Fri Oct 21, 2022 2:18 pm

Is this the worst/least appealing game in Goodman Stadium history?
RichH

Post by RichH » Fri Oct 21, 2022 3:10 pm

Go Lehigh TU Owl wrote: Fri Oct 21, 2022 2:18 pm Is this the worst/least appealing game in Goodman Stadium history?
Not sure about that at Goodman. Can say it would be hard put to get into the top 10 worst at Taylor. ;) :lol:
Richb-3

Post by Richb-3 » Fri Oct 21, 2022 6:31 pm

One of the teams, so at worst the teams will total 2 wins between them.

We also have a decent champ to beat Lafayette, they Georgetown. They have a slight shot at beating Marist.

Neither likely to beat either Gate or HC.

so teams that total 2-5 wins.

Am I correct in thinking last years 3-8 was the worst season at Goodman (excepting the spring season.

So a couple years of 4 win seasons. even if a 4-7 team played an 0-11 this year would be worse.

I am thinking there were several Leh-Laf games in the Taylor where both teams came in with -0-1 win. I think the 1965 LU team came in 0-8, and 1. the 100th game, the year before at Laf game was a tie with few wins by either team.
Go Lehigh TU Owl

Post by Go Lehigh TU Owl » Fri Oct 21, 2022 7:02 pm

Richb-3 wrote: Fri Oct 21, 2022 6:31 pm One of the teams, so at worst the teams will total 2 wins between them.

We also have a decent champ to beat Lafayette, they Georgetown. They have a slight shot at beating Marist.

Neither likely to beat either Gate or HC.

so teams that total 2-5 wins.

Am I correct in thinking last years 3-8 was the worst season at Goodman (excepting the spring season.

So a couple years of 4 win seasons. even if a 4-7 team played an 0-11 this year would be worse.

I am thinking there were several Leh-Laf games in the Taylor where both teams came in with -0-1 win. I think the 1965 LU team came in 0-8, and 1. the 100th game, the year before at Laf game was a tie with few wins by either team.
My age pretty much parallels the "latest born" who have the ability to remember the end of the Taylor era so I can't speak too much. I believe, I specifically remember the HC game in 1987 when Lockbaum and Co. hung 60+ on a so-so at best Lehigh team. Even so, that was an all-time great 1-AA/FCS team.

As far as Goodman history? Thinking back 20+ years 1992 and 1996 seasons were especially rough but I still do not recall anything THIS horrific. Toss out 2018 given Coen's health, Lehigh was reasonably competitive in 2019 before the wheels really started falling off under Gilmore. The Bucknell team rolling in is of the ilk of early 1990s Fordham who were transitioning directly from DIII or some of the very worst Georgetown teams.

The fact Bucknell (no 5th year players) and Georgetown (no scholarships) operate with such a different mindset is a brutal blow to a league with only 7 members. Combine that with Lafayette's historic run of ineptitude and it's no wonder the PL is in its current state. At least Holy Cross and Fordham continue to show what is possible with proper leadership! This is truly a product of Sterrett and company failing in a catastrophic manner. I never, EVER would have guessed Lehigh football would ever be this bad. A bad season here and there? Absolutely! That's what makes the great years so much fun. All of the historically successful privates in FCS have their ups and downs (Richmond, Villanova, Furman, Colgate, Wofford). This program has the capacity to regain its place among the very best in the Northeast/Mid-Atlantic in a traditional sense. But that is not going to happen until the program flushes itself of the leadership who have failed the current players and those who came before.
News
Site Admin

Post by News » Fri Oct 21, 2022 10:52 pm

Bucknell At Lehigh Game Preview And Fearless Prediction, 10/22/2022: Two Teams In Desperate Need To Taste A Win
https://www.college-sports-journal.com/ ... ste-a-win/
If you’re a numbers person, it might be best to skip down to the end, because this Saturday, the Bucknell Bison (0-6, 0-2) will be traveling to Bethlehem to take on the Lehigh Mountain Hawks (1-6, 1-1) in a battle between teams that, to put it mildly, are desperate to get into the win column.
LU808

Post by LU808 » Sat Oct 22, 2022 3:00 pm

4:29 left in the 4th Quarter and Lehigh leads Bucknell 17 - 10 in the Zombie Coach's Bowl.
Go Lehigh TU Owl

Post by Go Lehigh TU Owl » Sat Oct 22, 2022 3:32 pm

Bucknell wins 19-16

With the bye week coming up the time is absolutely now to dismiss Gilmore. You can't excuse this loss. It's officially over.....