Transfer to Lehigh

Talk about the champions, or the Top 25 nationally-ranked team!
Richb-3

Re: Transfer to Lehigh

Post by Richb-3 » Mon Mar 20, 2023 8:19 pm

I believe Bob Lustica (sp) transferred after 1 year at Community College Mmontgomery County?)

Also we had a gy from a Texas JC (Grrant?)

Any others?

drd5748

Post by drd5748 » Mon Mar 20, 2023 8:32 pm

>>Got news for you, LEHIGH is good proximity to Wall St its just that Lehigh doesn't seem to know it. Excellent business program, facilities and lots and lots of Wall St Lehigh people out there.

... So you know this while Lehigh doesn't ?? Sheesh, thx for the 'boost' to our alumni networking program.
... The wrestling program hasn't forgotten that Matt Ruppel (mortgage trading), Dan Hyman & Ryan Bernholz (institutional bonds) have earned national renown in their fields, just to name three. I've enjoyed lunch in FL with the alum guru who played a helpful role, after acquiring his seat on the NYSE. One of my most generous LUWN subscribers is LU trustee Joe Perella, who can be Googled for his own renowned career on Wall St.
gimpeltf

Post by gimpeltf » Tue Mar 21, 2023 2:56 am

Richb-3 wrote: Mon Mar 20, 2023 8:19 pm I believe Bob Lustica (sp) transferred after 1 year at Community College Mmontgomery County?)

Also we had a gy from a Texas JC (Grrant?)

Any others?
The honorable Glenn Grant is the top administrative judge in NJ.
Mountain Hawk

Post by Mountain Hawk » Tue Mar 21, 2023 6:55 pm

drd5748 wrote: Mon Mar 20, 2023 8:32 pm >>Got news for you, LEHIGH is good proximity to Wall St its just that Lehigh doesn't seem to know it. Excellent business program, facilities and lots and lots of Wall St Lehigh people out there.

... So you know this while Lehigh doesn't ?? Sheesh, thx for the 'boost' to our alumni networking program.
... The wrestling program hasn't forgotten that Matt Ruppel (mortgage trading), Dan Hyman & Ryan Bernholz (institutional bonds) have earned national renown in their fields, just to name three. I've enjoyed lunch in FL with the alum guru who played a helpful role, after acquiring his seat on the NYSE. One of my most generous LUWN subscribers is LU trustee Joe Perella, who can be Googled for his own renowned career on Wall St.
Lehigh may think it but they don’t act like it. It could be and should be an unbelievable powerhouse of a business program. Some facilities improvements of late (thanks Mr Bosland), but the place remains way too focused on nonsense (See the whole infrastructure surrounding DEI), and not nearly enough driving excellence in business. Lehigh has a natural pipeline of parents and alumni who work in the money biz. As it used to maintain a tremendous reputation in engineering, it should now strive to take advantage of its location and unique parent/alumni base to make our business college the best around.
Keep to what you know (not really sure that set includes much at all). This ain’t it.
LUEngineer

Post by LUEngineer » Tue Mar 21, 2023 8:11 pm

Wonder how many DEI administrators Lehigh employs? Probably more than Engineering faculty members!!
gimpeltf

Post by gimpeltf » Tue Mar 21, 2023 9:48 pm

LUEngineer wrote: Tue Mar 21, 2023 8:11 pm Wonder how many DEI administrators Lehigh employs? Probably more than Engineering faculty members!!
You mean this guy?

Dr. Donald Outing

He's the only one I can find.
Mountain Hawk

Post by Mountain Hawk » Wed Mar 22, 2023 8:39 am

https://diversityandinclusion.lehigh.edu/staff

You didn't look very hard and these are just the admin heads. Guarantee there's a whole support staff below them. And make sure you get the pronouns right or you're ass is cancelled.
This whole boatload of nonsense has been driving decisions at Lehigh at least since Simon came in. If inclusion is such a big deal then why does UMOJA house even exist?

Cut the crap already and let's make the damn place the gold standard for business and engineering. Was the health college a good decision? If the mission was lowering that standards of the University as a whole just to keep the full payers coming in then hey, job well done.
legger

Post by legger » Wed Mar 22, 2023 9:57 am

Mountain Hawk wrote: Wed Mar 22, 2023 8:39 am https://diversityandinclusion.lehigh.edu/staff

You didn't look very hard and these are just the admin heads. Guarantee there's a whole support staff below them. And make sure you get the pronouns right or you're ass is cancelled.
This whole boatload of nonsense has been driving decisions at Lehigh at least since Simon came in. If inclusion is such a big deal then why does UMOJA house even exist?

Cut the crap already and let's make the damn place the gold standard for business and engineering. Was the health college a good decision? If the mission was lowering that standards of the University as a whole just to keep the full payers coming in then hey, job well done.
**** I agree 100% with MH. I actually think the transition started before any of the DEI crap, with the changing of the name from The Engineers to the mountain hawks. I used to recruit Engineers from many top universities and we found that Lehigh Engineers were better prepared than those from Penn, Cornell, PSU and other schools. They not only had good technical engineering knowledge but also had a grounding in business, management and what it took to be successful in the real world. Most not only succeed in the technical side of the business but were able to move into management fairly quickly.

The movement into the "I am being discriminated against/harassed/bullied because of my ethnicity, skin color or any other qualifier has little to do with the ability to learn and capabilities. I say this as a career long professional in Human Resources. I know my views are not what are accepted in that field today, but they are the reality in what is needed to succeed in a career.
drd5748

Post by drd5748 » Wed Mar 22, 2023 10:35 am

There may been 1-2 jucos in our history but I’m hard-pressed to recall them

Also hard-pressed to recall the last time I used that term
Oracle

Post by Oracle » Wed Mar 22, 2023 11:48 am

JUCO transfers aren't our wheelhouse.

With the transfer portal what it is today -- that's where we should concentrate.